Ozuna Will Start in LF Tomorrow, Opening Day

letsgoarow

Yup heard that on the Score...they also said if Toby wasn't injured that A.J. would have been on the pine for the opener...

Not trying to bring anything up, but perhaps a a good indication that we won't see much of Scotty tryin to hit lefties....ahhh off to a good start...

I like the fact that Ozuna will be starting and all but I don't think it was for the right reasons, Ozzie has been saying for the past few days that a 100% healthy Podsednik would be his Opening Day starter in LF so instead of starting Ozuna in LF because there's a lefty on the mound, he's putting him out there because Podsednik still isn't healthy.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 1, 2007 -> 05:16 PM)
I like the fact that Ozuna will be starting and all but I don't think it was for the right reasons, Ozzie has been saying for the past few days that a 100% healthy Podsednik would be his Opening Day starter in LF so instead of starting Ozuna in LF because there's a lefty on the mound, he's putting him out there because Podsednik still isn't healthy.

I highly doubt that. Just look at their career stats vs. C.C., Ozuna was an obvious choice to start.

Manager Ozzie Guillen is expected to decide if Scott Podsednik (groin) will be able to start on Opening Day sometime on Saturday.

"On Opening Day, I like to play the [regular] guys because that's a special day," Guillen said. "It's an important day for everyone, and Pods is our everyday left fielder." Chicago faces C.C. Sabathia in the opener. Last season, Pods hit .216 against left-handers, while Pablo Ozuna batted .322.

Manager Ozzie Guillen will decide on Sunday if Scott Podsednik (groin) is healthy enough to start at leadoff against C.C. Sabathia in the opener.

"We're trying to go with the best lineup we can," Guillen said. "We'll decide [today] after practice. As the manager, I have to put the best lineup over there." Podsednik is 0-for-2 in his career against Sabathia, while Pablo Ozuna is hitting .391 (9-for-23) against Sabathia with three doubles.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/wh...soxnt01.article

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...tesox-headlines

Ozuna is the obvious pick, yes but with Guillen the obvious move isn't always the one that is made.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 1, 2007 -> 04:24 PM)
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/wh...soxnt01.article

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...tesox-headlines

Ozuna is the obvious pick, yes but with Guillen the obvious move isn't always the one that is made.

I agree Ozuna is the right call, and Ozzie certainly doesn't make the obvious choice sometimes...But that's pretty disturbing if we're hearing about Podsednik's groin right before opening day- could be a long season in LF for us... WTF!!!

Edited by JohnCangelosi

Pods all of a sudden has some lingering issues with that groin, eh Oz..

Just put Erstad in LF, BA in CF with the exception of vs. lefties already...

"As the manager, I have to put the best lineup over there."

That quote makes me laugh....like there is any contest as to who should be in left against C.C.....good grief Ozzie...

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 1, 2007 -> 10:12 PM)
Pods all of a sudden has some lingering issues with that groin, eh Oz..

Just put Erstad in LF, BA in CF with the exception of vs. lefties already...

That quote makes me laugh....like there is any contest as to who should be in left against C.C.....good grief Ozzie...

Erstad leading off?

I would much rather have Brian Anderson playing CF, but look at this website:

2007 Preview

Potential Lineup

LF Scott Podsednik

CF Brady Anderson

2B Tadahito Iguchi

1B Paul Konerko

DH Jim Thome

RF Jermaine Dye

3B Joe Crede

C A.J. Pierzynski

SS Juan Uribe/Alex Cintron

It states that we have Brady Anderson in CF, WOWIE WOW!

Edited by southsideirish

QUOTE(Hanger @ Apr 1, 2007 -> 04:27 PM)
Yup heard that on the Score...they also said if Toby wasn't injured that A.J. would have been on the pine for the opener...

Not trying to bring anything up, but perhaps a a good indication that we won't see much of Scotty tryin to hit lefties....ahhh off to a good start...

While I love Thome I would also like to see some protection in our lineup for him against LHP. I mean his splits were awful last year, .236/6/24 against LHP. That is just awful for your 3rd hitter in the lineup. Thome CAN NOT be the 3rd hitter in our lineup against lefties period. The best thing to do would be to sandwhich him between Konerko and Dye, 2 good LHP hitters, to protect him and also minimize the effect of a LOOGY at some point late in the game. Please Ozzie learn from last year Pods and Thome = bad vs. LHP.

QUOTE(joeynach @ Apr 2, 2007 -> 11:17 AM)
While I love Thome I would also like to see some protection in our lineup for him against LHP. I mean his splits were awful last year, .236/6/24 against LHP. That is just awful for your 3rd hitter in the lineup. Thome CAN NOT be the 3rd hitter in our lineup against lefties period. The best thing to do would be to sandwhich him between Konerko and Dye, 2 good LHP hitters, to protect him and also minimize the effect of a LOOGY at some point late in the game. Please Ozzie learn from last year Pods and Thome = bad vs. LHP.

i dont get why ozzie insists on keeping the lineup the same. if its a lefty pitchin, dye should be batting 3rd, if its a righty, then dye. or u could just leave dye batting 3rd, he did it last yr. apparently he didnt do to bad.