White Sox vs. Twins, 4/8/07 (L)

maggsmaggs

Here's to Danks :cheers he is gonna need to pitch lights out to win this ball game. In this cold, we are not going to be scoring many runs, if any, against Johan. So hopefully, Ozzie gets Ozuna, Anderson and Molina n the lineup for Pods, Thome and AJ. Yeah, Thome.

Stack the righties in there. No offense to Pods, but he cant hit Johan, Thome can't as well and well AJ needs an off-day, so he can play every game in Oakland. Looks like a s*** lineup, but u need the righties in there.

Edited by maggsmaggs

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I could see us maybe dropping one lefty in the lineup but I dont know about all that. I also wouldnt want PK batting 3rd. If anything throw JD in there or something but I doubt Thome doesnt play.

Maybe we can get a similar gem to the one we got when we first saw BMac at Wrigley.

QUOTE(black jack @ Apr 8, 2007 -> 10:05 AM)
WTF....I thought we were going to miss Santana because of the canceled game?

Why on earth would the Twins ever have Santana miss a series against us?

Some numbers for our lefties against Johan...

Player  AB   H   R   2B   HR   RBI   BB   K   AVG   OBP
Thome   21   4  --    0    3    4     1   7  .190  .261
Erstad  29   8  --    1    0    3     0   1  .276  .276
Pods     9   1  --    0    0    0     1   5  .111  .200
AJ      11   1  --    0    0    0     0   4  .091  .091

Just say no to Pods today, hell Thome too if we were smart, but that won't happen.

Hell, Dye has had about the most success against Johan besides Erstad, with a .227 BA in 44 ABs.

Sad when .227 is considered good for us against a pitcher.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 8, 2007 -> 10:40 AM)

Just say no to Pods today, hell Thome too if we were smart, but that won't happen.

Hell, Dye has had about the most success against Johan besides Erstad, with a .227 BA in 44 ABs.

Anderson was doing well in ST going the other way, so he would have to best approach against Johan. And those numbers back up the fact that Thome, AJ and Pods cannot hit Santana. Let Anderson play, let Pablo play and let Molina play. Molina especially since Johan has never seen him and maybe Molina just gets one hit, more importantly with Danks on the mound and Molina behind the plate, we can control the Twins running game, so offensive becomes that much harder for them.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 8, 2007 -> 10:40 AM)

Scott Reifert posted the leagues top 10 hitters against Johan in terms of average:

Looking Ahead

Of the top hitters against Johann Santana (minimum 30 career at-bats, which pretty much means Central division hitters), the White Sox feature three. The top 10 (by batting average):

Ordonez, .394

Ozuna, .323

Blake, .282

Martinez, .281

Sweeney, .273

Iguchi, .250 (two RBI)

Rowand, .250

Crisp, .242

Dye, .227

Also of note: Paul Konerko is only 6-45 (.133) against Santana, but two of the six hits are home runs. Joe Crede (7-39, .179) also has two career homers.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 8, 2007 -> 09:40 AM)

Like I said above, leaving Thome out of the lineup would not be smart. Comparing batting averages makes no sense, they are all terrible. Ozuna may be the only exception, he's got over 10 hits in not that many ABs. But the chances of stringing 3-4 hits together to put runs on the board? Slim. Thome might strike out two or three times today, but 3 of his 4 hits off Santana are home runs. He needs to be starting.

QUOTE(Felix @ Apr 8, 2007 -> 09:57 AM)
Scott Reifert posted the leagues top 10 hitters against Johan in terms of average:

His numbers are wrong.

Iguchi = .255

Ozuna = .286

Dye = .186

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Apr 8, 2007 -> 12:31 PM)
Maybe give Thome a day off, slide Paulie to DH and let Darin play 1st, Pablo in LF and Brian in center? Or, let Pablo DH? God, that feels weird to type.

Sounds logical to me, so don't count on it happening. :P

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Apr 8, 2007 -> 11:31 AM)
Maybe give Thome a day off, slide Paulie to DH and let Darin play 1st, Pablo in LF and Brian in center? Or, let Pablo DH? God, that feels weird to type.

I like it, and it allows Guillen to pinch hit Thome whenever he pleases.

Starting lineups:

Castillo, 2B; Punto, 3B; Mauer, C; Cuddyer, RF; Morneau, 1B; Hunter, CF; Redmond, DH; Tyner, LF; Bartlett, SS. Santana pitching.

Ozuna, LF; Erstad, CF; Konerko, 1B; Thome, DH; Dye, RF; Crede, 3B; AJ, C; Iguchi, 2B; Uribe, SS. Danks making his ML debut.

Basically what I expected.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE(Felix @ Apr 8, 2007 -> 10:43 AM)
Starting lineups:

Castillo, 2B; Punto, 3B; Mauer, C; Cuddyer, RF; Morneau, 1B; Hunter, CF; Redmond, DH; Tyner, LF; Bartlett, SS. Santana pitching.

Ozuna, LF; Erstad, CF; Konerko, 1B; Thome, DH; Dye, RF; Crede, 3B; AJ, C; Iguchi, 2B; Uribe, SS. Danks making his ML debut.

Basically what I expected.

Pretty good lineup to throw in there against Santana, although I would have flipped Dye and Paulie.