The Sopranos

RibbieRubarb

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well damn.... so much for the theory the show may go quietly. I found myself so into the show tonight, I was surprised when it ended. It felt like it had just started and left me wanting more. I guess that is what they are trying to accomplish. It would be nice if they could give us a 3-hour series finale next week, wouldn't it? lol

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 09:38 PM)
There was this strong feeling of tension throughout the entire episode. It was just incredibly well done. I don't remember ever feeling legitimately nervous while watching a TV show like I felt tonight.

Exactly. I got the willies during the train set store and it was very eerie the way it ended. Yikes.

And I agree with Tony above, you get into the characters and you react when something like that happens. My jaw was open with sadness when Christopher died.

I liked how Melfi ended the doctor/patient relationship as well. Thought it would of been the other way around.

Wonder if next week is 2 hours. I'll check....Nope, just one hour.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 05:28 AM)
He didnt die yet, maybe he wont.

Paulie to Tony as they were about to leave the house: "The doctors said he likely wont regain consciousness".

Plus they don't have time for a "recovery" story line.

Am I remembering correctly that Patsy is kind of unaccounted for at the end of the episode? He kind of ran off after they tried to grease him, but I don't remember seeing him again. Although a ton happened, so I could have just forgot that they did show him again

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 08:01 AM)
Am I remembering correctly that Patsy is kind of unaccounted for at the end of the episode? He kind of ran off after they tried to grease him, but I don't remember seeing him again. Although a ton happened, so I could have just forgot that they did show him again

You are correct.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 08:01 AM)

He wasn't really a target though either. They said they wanted Sil, Bobby, and Tony.

So pissed I have to wait a week.

P.S. Was that his mom's old house that they are hiding in at the end?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 02:53 AM)
Why did Silvio have to go? Why?!

Phil wanted to decapitate Tony's family. He had to take out the top three guys. Sil was number two.

I wonder if Tony can reach out to the other NY families who didn't sign off on taking out the whole NJ family?

I dunno, we've never heard of him contacting one of the other five families before. I think that'd be too out there to believe. It looks like it'll come down to a shoot out. Either way it plays out though, it's clear the NJ crew has taken a serious hit, one they likely won't recover from.

I'm in agreement with all of you. Fantastic episode. I too felt sad for Silvio. One of my favorite characters.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 08:32 AM)
He wasn't really a target though either. They said they wanted Sil, Bobby, and Tony.

So pissed I have to wait a week.

I don't believe so, it might be, but A&E has been showing old ones, and recently the one were Meadow had the party at the house was on, and I remember it being a different style of house

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 11:11 AM)
I don't believe so, it might be, but A&E has been showing old ones, and recently the one were Meadow had the party at the house was on, and I remember it being a different style of house

i thought it was uncle jr's?

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 09:24 PM)
I was actually very surprised by my reaction while watching the episode. I was visibly shaken as Sil was getting shot. Maybe it was just because how committed you have gotten to the characters over the last 7, 8 years, but it was sort of hard to watch it all come crashing down.

I really have never been this way with any sort of show, and love it. What a fantastic episode tonight.

It is crazy. My blood-pressure was up and I was freaking out. Amazing how wrapped up you can get in a good show like this.

And it seems pretty obvious to me that Paulie is working with the NY family. I say Tony kills Paulie next week.

f***in Foughettabboutit

Edited by tonyho7476

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 08:24 PM)
I was actually very surprised by my reaction while watching the episode. I was visibly shaken as Sil was getting shot. Maybe it was just because how committed you have gotten to the characters over the last 7, 8 years, but it was sort of hard to watch it all come crashing down.

I really have never been this way with any sort of show, and love it. What a fantastic episode tonight.

I was actually shaking right after they shot Bobby and all through Silvio's death. I really didn't want to see them go.

Now I have to root for my second favorite character...Paulie Walnuts.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 08:32 AM)

Nope. Livia's yard and front entrance were different. Besides, I don't think he would be hiding out at a know residence.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 07:35 AM)
Phil wanted to decapitate Tony's family. He had to take out the top three guys. Sil was number two.

I wonder if Tony can reach out to the other NY families who didn't sign off on taking out the whole NJ family?

Oh, I know why they did it. I'm just expressing my emotional attachment to the character. Ha, thanks though.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 01:34 PM)
Something wasn't right about Paulie. I said that a few times during the episode.

That fiery exchange he had with Silvio at the Bing just came out of no where and seemed completely unnecessary. It definitely seems something is up with Pauly. He has thought about jumping sides and joining up with New York in the past (late in season 3 I believe is where it started) and he doesn't seem to trust Tony much anymore, fearing for his life while out on the boat then pumping iron in a paranoid/determined manor that night.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 01:38 PM)
That fiery exchange he had with Silvio at the Bing just came out of no where and seemed completely unnecessary. It definitely seems something is up with Pauly. He has thought about jumping sides and joining up with New York in the past (late in season 3 I believe is where it started) and he doesn't seem to trust Tony much anymore, fearing for his life while out on the boat then pumping iron in a paranoid/determined manor that night.

Exactly. Pauly has been "off" since he told Johnny about the "mole on her ass" comment regarding Ginny. And while he may not trust Tony... Tony trusts him even less.