AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

greasywheels121

Back of the order was great.

Uribe's defense was s***.

Top of the order was pathetic.

Javy was damn good.

Bullpen was outstanding, outside of Sisco.

Aardsma continues to be amazing out of the pen what is that 11 K in 7.6 IP?

Excellently managed 8.5 innings by Ozzie today.

Well played game in all.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 08:29 PM)
Back of the order was great.

Uribe's defense was s***.

Top of the order was pathetic.

Javy was damn good.

Bullpen was outstanding, outside of Sisco.

Aardsma continues to be amazing out of the pen what is that 11 K in 7.6 IP?

Excellently coached 8.5 innings by Ozzie today.

Well played game in all.

My thoughts exactly.

we really need to put a shift on garko, hawk and dj are right, that guy just kills us.

and if brian isn't going to be used send him down and resign perez, hall should be ready early/mid may.

Good win. Wasn't pretty, but good teams are able to win games when they aren't at their best. So it certainly works for me.

I will give Jenks a few weeks to get his velocity up. If that doesn't happen and he's still topping out around 91-93, then I will start to worry.

Edited by KevHead0881

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 09:48 PM)
Oh and it feels good sticking it to them on their opening day.

I wasn't able to catch the whole game can someone fill me in on Uribe's defense that I keep reading about?

Well, he was having trouble tossing the ball to second base... someone else can probably explain it better then I can.

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 08:48 PM)
Oh and it feels good sticking it to them on their opening day.

I wasn't able to catch the whole game can someone fill me in on Uribe's defense that I keep reading about?

In the middle of the game, Juan took his time on a soft one hopper and then hesitated, before barely throwing out the runner at second on the good catch by Gooch.

In the ninth, with men on 1st and 2nd and nobody out, there was a ball hit right to Uribe, easy DP ball. But he threw it wildly and Gooch made an awesome play to stop it from going to right field and getting the out at second. That coulda been a really bad spot, but thankfully Jenks dominated the next two hitters. Unfortunately he is charged with a run because of Uribe's D, but I'd say that he WAY more than made up for it with his O.

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 09:07 PM)
In the middle of the game, Juan took his time on a soft one hopper and then hesitated, before barely throwing out the runner at second on the good catch by Gooch.

In the ninth, with men on 1st and 2nd and nobody out, there was a ball hit right to Uribe, easy DP ball. But he threw it wildly and Gooch made an awesome play to stop it from going to right field and getting the out at second. That coulda been a really bad spot, but thankfully Jenks dominated the next two hitters. Unfortunately he is charged with a run because of Uribe's D, but I'd say that he WAY more than made up for it with his O.

Good summary, let's also not forget the second grounder in the ninth where he took two steps before getting it to Tada costing another double play. I think he was spooked by this point, but I have seen him run it over himself too many times before - the one main criticism I have of his defensive game. He's got to get back on the beam on d after this one. I'm sure he will.