MARK BUEHRLE HAS PITCHED A NO-HITTER!

ShoeLessRob

Being a Sox fan living in Texas, I was able to see the game on the Rangers telecast. The final 6 outs I was virtually on knees hoping that Buehrle could pull it off. You'd think we won the World Series as wild as I went after the final out.

:cheers :cheers

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(bmags @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 04:15 PM)
not that this should matter to me, but i'm young and stupid, ATH all basically said the no hitter was no big deal. Maybe if you've stop becoming a baseball fan.

Did you expect anything less? Imagine if Dice-k or King Felix or gulp Zambrano threw one. It would be on the front page of USA today.

that's exactly what i thought. "If this was dice-k it would be just confirm he was the greatest pitcher to ever play the game"

every national show, never one mention on what a great performance it was, never one mention of how great an atmosphere it was, just "well the white sox are bad this means nothing " or "well buerhle sucks still"

give me a break. Sports journalism sucks.

QUOTE(bmags @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 04:37 PM)
that's exactly what i thought. "If this was dice-k it would be just confirm he was the greatest pitcher to ever play the game"

every national show, never one mention on what a great performance it was, never one mention of how great an atmosphere it was, just "well the white sox are bad this means nothing " or "well buerhle sucks still"

give me a break. Sports journalism sucks.

I dunno, the sports center and baseball tonight coverage was pretty good. Both lead with it and talked about how it could unify the team.

I didn't watch any of the other shows, though.

The image from Mark's no no that I will remember isn't from the 9th, but as he came off the field in the 1st. That smile of relief was what makes baseball fun.

I can't think of anyone in a Sox uniform in my lifetime that seems to have more fun at the ballpark. IIRC Bo also seemed to really enjoy the days when he could play, but nothing like the smiling, tarp sliding, noogie giving, Mark Buerhle.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 20, 2007 -> 12:34 PM)
The image from Mark's no no that I will remember isn't from the 9th, but as he came off the field in the 1st. That smile of relief was what makes baseball fun.

I can't think of anyone in a Sox uniform in my lifetime that seems to have more fun at the ballpark. IIRC Bo also seemed to really enjoy the days when he could play, but nothing like the smiling, tarp sliding, noogie giving, Mark Buerhle.

Albert Belle?