MARK BUEHRLE HAS PITCHED A NO-HITTER!

ShoeLessRob

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I was at Billy Pierce's 8 2/3 perfect game when I was about 8 years old-after that near miss, thought I'd never see a no no-UNTIL TONIGHT

It was 90 degrees in right field where I was sitting.

Not having been to a post season game in 2005-this was my greatest thrill at a game-and when we got to 2 outs, based on the 50 year old experience I had, I was a wreck.

Felt like watching Baseball Tonight for the first time this season, given the occasion. And this, of course was the first time I've had the privilege of listening to the great Fernando Vina.

Wow...just wow. I think that "Boom goes the dynamite" kid might have some stiff competition. Bad doesn't even begin to describe him.

:cheers Mark! Watching a no-hitter is something special. And watching Mark Buehrle throw a no-hitter, for many reasons, makes it even better.

Edited by KevHead0881

I am so pissed at people I work with I work from 4pm to 2 am I dvr the game every time I work and I tell people do not tell me the score and they don't, well tonight 3 people that I barely know and hardly talk too all come up and tell me Mark had a no-no it probaly did not help that I was wearing a Sox shirt and Hat. Another funny thing is I almost did not record the game tonights because I was pissed off about the last couple games and my girlfriend told me to shut up and record it, anyways CONGRATS TO MARK :cheers

Buerhle was incredible. The last 3 innings he was even better than the first six. It was total domination. On the way home we listened to the postgame call-ins. Someone said it was the best game Buerhle pitched in a while. Gee, do you think? Its probably the best pitched game I have ever seen. The ball Blalock hit to the wall was the only one really hit all that hard, and even that was a high flyball that I think got a push from the wind. Hairston looked safe at the park, but seeing the replay when I got home, he definitely looked out. Iguchi made a real nice play, and Uribe made a nice play with Konerko making a scoop on the end of it.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 01:18 AM)
BTW, cheers to Hawk and DJ for letting the 9th inning pretty much play out, and letting the images speak for themselves.

I thought the same thing also. So many people complain about Hawk and his dead-air, but last night was the perfect example of why he does it. At that point it was great to just see the beauty of the game.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 07:08 AM)
Buerhle was incredible. The last 3 innings he was even better than the first six. It was total domination. On the way home we listened to the postgame call-ins. Someone said it was the best game Buerhle pitched in a while. Gee, do you think? Its probably the best pitched game I have ever seen. The ball Blalock hit to the wall was the only one really hit all that hard, and even that was a high flyball that I think got a push from the wind. Hairston looked safe at the park, but seeing the replay when I got home, he definitely looked out. Iguchi made a real nice play, and Uribe made a nice play with Konerko making a scoop on the end of it.

Haha, that's awesome.

You guys wouldn't believe how many random people came up to me last night at the bars just to talk about Buehrle, crazyness.