Wanted: Designated Hitter

fathom

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 02:51 AM)
Why make all these moves? Thome is going to be out maybe 15 games more or less. It's not the end of the world and no need to shuffle an entire roster. Settle down folks!

You honestly believe Thome will be fine after two weeks?

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 02:56 AM)
Not Haeger. Someone else and Anderson for Church--yes.

Haeger's looked horrible so far this year. I'd have no problem giving him up. If we trade Anderson though, KW will f***ed up the offseason two seasons ago.

Eduardo Perez? The same guy with 79 career jacks, a .247 career batting average .326 OBP and .431 slugging? Enlighten me guys, how is this guy going to help the White Sox in any shape or form? This guy is less an offensive threat than ANYONE on the White Sox -- even Darrin Erstad. His career high in RBI's in 52. 52! Is this really the best option we've come up with?

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 03:19 AM)
Yes, why do u have reason to belive otherwise besides pessimism ?

Yeah, because 36 year old power hitters always recover right away from rib cage injuries. Thome swings so hard that this has all the makings of a lingering injury.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 03:31 AM)
Eduardo Perez? The same guy with 79 career jacks, a .247 career batting average .326 OBP and .431 slugging? Enlighten me guys, how is this guy going to help the White Sox in any shape or form? This guy is less an offensive threat than ANYONE on the White Sox -- even Darrin Erstad. His career high in RBI's in 52. 52! Is this really the best option we've come up with?

He's a beast against LHP, something we're lacking.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 11:46 PM)
Yeah, because 36 year old power hitters always recover right away from rib cage injuries. Thome swings so hard that this has all the makings of a lingering injury.

fathom all they need to do is play 500 ball until thome is back, then in june or july if they are in it, they will make a trade and get another outfielder.If they are out of it by then , then there will be a mini fire sale, but playing 500 will be a big key.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 11:46 PM)

A guy who's hit for s*** his whole life--do you think he's going to step right in, get minimal AB's and tear lefties apart like there's nothin' to it? Eduardo Perez offers nothing to this team. The guy sucked to begin with, and he's going to suck more now. He's 37 years old and hasn't seen a major league pitch since September of last year.

Pablo Ozuna is a better option than Perez. And frankly, I think this guy should be batting lead off against lefties. Put Ozuna in at DH, bring up Josh Fields and platoon him with Mackowiak.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 03:10 AM)
A guy who's hit for s*** his whole life--do you think he's going to step right in, get minimal AB's and tear lefties apart like there's nothin' to it? Eduardo Perez offers nothing to this team. The guy sucked to begin with, and he's going to suck more now. He's 37 years old and hasn't seen a major league pitch since September of last year.

Pablo Ozuna is a better option than Perez. And frankly, I think this guy should be batting lead off against lefties. Put Ozuna in at DH, bring up Josh Fields and platoon him with Mackowiak.

LOL. Well, I won't be as blunt as you, but I find it annoying that there's ao many cries for a guy who's not even employed by a major league team.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 03:10 AM)

That would be fine, if Fields had more than one or two weeks' of experience in his entire life in LF. His offense is a big enough issue at AAA, and then you want him to learn LF in the big leagues "on the job" while in the heat of a competitive division race?

That type of pressure destroyed (at least temporarily) Anderson and Borchard, along with many other Sox prospects who couldn't be incubated in Pittsburgh, KC, Tampa Bay, Miami, etc.