White Sox vs. Mariners, 5/2/07 (L)

QUOTE(fathom @ May 2, 2007 -> 04:12 PM)
Gotta keep the ball in the park. Looks like he's pitched great, but the main negative with Danks so far is his homer ratio. Oh well, the more we lose, the more heat that will come onto KW for neglecting the 2007 Sox.

21 year old, throwing a lot of strikes with out pinpoint control will give up homers. It happens. He is attacking the zone, and not backing down. He will learn control. In a perfect world he would of had more time in the minors to refine his craft. But he gives us the best chance to win in the 5th starter. And shows a heart of gold, and plus stuff.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(TheOcho @ May 2, 2007 -> 09:19 PM)
I'm willing to wait another 80 or so years. I would like to enjoy good baseball in the wait tho... and this is not good baseball.

I really hope that come July, I'm not in root against Cubs mode compared to watching every second of the Sox game. We desperately need to find a way to come back from this road trip still within 5 games.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 2, 2007 -> 09:20 PM)
21 year old, throwing a lot of strikes with out pinpoint control will give up homers. It happens. He is attacking the zone, and not backing down. He will learn control. In a perfect world he would of had more time in the minors to refine his craft. But he gives us the best chance to win in the 5th starter. And shows a heart of gold, and plus stuff.

Yep, which is why you want to see him maybe develop more cut or sink to his fastball as he matures.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 2, 2007 -> 04:20 PM)
Is Aardsma in the doghouse? Seems like he's being used a lot less frequently. I hate seeing MacDougal on the mound two straight games, especially in trailing situations. I'm a big fan of MacDougal's, but you have to be careful with him.

Lol I was actually wondering that myself, but I looked and Mac has pitched 9.3 innings(before today) and Aardsma over 15. It seems like he always uses Aarsdma when we are behind and Mac in the key situations.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 2, 2007 -> 04:21 PM)
Yep, which is why you want to see him maybe develop more cut or sink to his fastball as he matures.

He has a little cut on righties, but it would be nice to see some sink on a 2 seemer. Im sure he will come around in that respect.

Uribe starts off the year well, and even he is down below .225 now. I never thought I'd see the day where the Mariners lineup looks twice as good as the Sox's does.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 2, 2007 -> 09:26 PM)
If we had pitching like this in the 2nd half of last season, we make the playoffs.

Possibly, but it's not like our offense was going nuts during the 2nd half of last year. I respect your opinion though, and it's interesting to see you calling for someone's head right now.

QUOTE(TheOcho @ May 2, 2007 -> 09:27 PM)
Kenny has been silent for too long. He needs to do something or say something before this season goes farther into the hole.

Maybe not be silent during the offseason?