White Sox vs. Yankees, 5/16/07 Lets Play Two!! (W), (L)

RME JICO

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 16, 2007 -> 03:30 PM)
So in this thread, Gio has been compared to Pedro Martinez and Jim Parque. You couldn't come up with 2 more opposite pitchers than those 2, and you couldn't come up with 2 worse comparisons to Gio than those 2. Wow.

Not really since we were comparing size and nothing else.

QUOTE(TheOcho @ May 16, 2007 -> 03:35 PM)
I'd enjoy having Cabrera on this team.

That is what I have been thinking as the Sox have been so short on offense and need some legitimate OF for the coming years. I thought the Yanks need for pitching could make them decent trade partners. This just feels like one of those series where a player wearing the Sox uniform ends up traveling with the opposition on getaway day. Melky might be a good gamble but he also may be the overhyped prospect mentioned earlier.

QUOTE(TheOcho @ May 16, 2007 -> 03:37 PM)
Not sure if he got the tag on him... Rob out at 2nd.

Guillen has to revisit this strategy. He is way too automatic. You have 2 outs and a man on first, he is always and I mean always running. The catcher and the pitcher have the advantage when you know its coming.

Damon is up, and Thornton is going for the save here. First pitch is not close, 1-0. 2nd one isn't close either, 2-0 with Jeter on deck and A-Rod in the hole, and Jenks ready in the pen.

There's 1, 2-1 count. Another makes it 2-2. Now it's a full count. HE GONE!! Sox win!! WOO GREAT JOB MATT!!

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 16, 2007 -> 03:42 PM)
...dollars to doughnuts, Sweeney, in a starting situation, out-produces Melky Cabrera--even in 2007.

IMO, that's what makes the Yankees and Sox poor trade partners.

What about Melky AND Sweeney in the same outfield? I know that increases the OF logjam there but the Sox have some marketable boppers and bench players that can be parlayed into prospects or maybe something else that might be needed. Probably adds too much inexperience to the team, but could be a decent short term gamble for long term stability in the OF. On a defensive front, Sweeney, Erstad and Cabrera would really tighten the gaps and control the baserunners nicely. Defense taking away runs might be the best you can hope for with this team this year rather than waiting for the offense to wake up.