White Sox vs. Yankees, 5/16/07 Lets Play Two!! (W), (L)

RME JICO

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice hustle that inning. Even Sweeney poured it on down the line on the last out. That is the way I like to see this team work. Crede went to two on the fly out. Mack bustin ass and making a good slide. That is how you manufacture runs, boys. Well done. That fly ball was no deeper than the one AJ tagged on against the Cubs last year. Looks like Mack takes a little different approach than AJ. :fight

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 16, 2007 -> 03:01 PM)
yup. no doubt. Did ANYONE on here think he would be this good?

Probably not. But, that guy in the front office did. It's no wonder Texas fans are thinking they got fleeced.

He's the total package. He's got everything you look for in a big-league pitcher and he throws the ball with his left hand.

This kid is looking more and more like Buehrle Deux to me every time I see him toe the rubber--but, I still bet Buehrle wish he had that kid's yakker.

I agree based on pure strategy with the move to take Danks out (and it worked out at least there), but also keep in mind that we have 6 games in 5 days. Danks only threw 88 pitches today, many of which were low stress. We could start him Sunday against the Cubs now maybe, and with the day off next Thursday, his next start would be on 5 days rest.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ May 16, 2007 -> 03:04 PM)
I'm guessing he means a person can't say "we" when referring to their favorite team.

To which I say....whatever.

Inning ova!!!!

Yea, I guess so...one of the most pointless comments of this thread.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 16, 2007 -> 03:01 PM)
yup. no doubt. Did ANYONE on here think he would be this good?

I was bragging about it on Christmas Day when my whole Cubs fan family was ripping the s*** out of me becuase BMac was supposed to be the next ace of our staff and Kenny got completely hosed. I was actually surprised that Texas didnt try him out for a start or tow last year, that concerned me that he might not yet be ready and maybe were rushing him. But clearly, Texas missed the ball on him. He could have really helped their club last year.

I didnt expect this mound presence this quick though, love his short memory after a mistake.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 16, 2007 -> 03:05 PM)
I agree based on pure strategy with the move to take Danks out (and it worked out at least there), but also keep in mind that we have 6 games in 5 days. Danks only threw 90 pitches today, many of which were low stress. We could start him Sunday against the Cubs now maybe, and with the day off next Thursday, his next start would be on 5 days rest.

Yeah... I think he'll go Sunday.

3 pitch inning by Aardsma.....SWEET

I am hoping he goes at least one more inning since we have a double header coming up tonight.....need to keep the BP ready for the night game.....with these Yankees.....pitching is the key.

So will it be Aardsma for 8 and Jenks for 9?

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 16, 2007 -> 03:05 PM)
I thought 2009 or 2008 at the soonest. Pretty awesome. Now I hope Gio can produce quickly as well.

I'm a big fan of Gio as well. But why do you have a horrible suspicsion he will be traded for a bat this year.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 16, 2007 -> 03:04 PM)
Probably not. But, that guy in the front office did. It's no wonder Texas fans are thinking they got fleeced.

He's the total package. He's got everything you look for in a big-league pitcher and he throws the ball with his left hand.

This kid is looking more and more like Buehrle Deux to me every time I see him toe the rubber--but, I still bet Buehrle wish he had that kid's yakker.

Hes nasty. he was into the 90's today with his heater, two kinds of hammers and a plus change. Not much more you could ask for. If Mark teaches him a cutter, he will elevate his game to the next level.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 16, 2007 -> 03:06 PM)
Hes nasty. he was into the 90's today with his heater, two kinds of hammers and a plus change. Not much more you could ask for. If Mark teaches him a cutter, he will elevate his game to the next level.

If he can cut that 90's fastball like Buehrle, you're looking at a perennial double-digit-game-winner.

...to have that kind of poise in his rookie year, a year he projected to spend in Charlotte, is just gravy. Ballplayer. He's going to be around for a long time.

QUOTE(soxfan3530 @ May 16, 2007 -> 03:06 PM)
I'm a big fan of Gio as well. But why do you have a horrible suspicsion he will be traded for a bat this year.

I really want Gio, Russell and Danks to be in the same rotation. I feel like their stuff is so nasty to face back to back to back.

Righties hitting .111 against Myers this year in 12 innings, lefties hitting .333 against him in 6 innings. How strange.

Anyways, a groundout by Erstad, Uribe k's looking, and AJ singles up the middle, and we have a new pitcher again.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(soxfan3530 @ May 16, 2007 -> 03:05 PM)
Very nice! Everything is working right now! Let's get some more runs! (or should we save them for tonight?)

NOOOOOO...break out of the slump, put more crooked numbers on the board and gain confidence going forward!!!

Look out Tribe and Tiggers if this team can start hitting.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ May 16, 2007 -> 03:11 PM)
Please have AJ DH in game two.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that doesn't happen...managers are very reluctant to put themselves in a situation without a viable backup catcher.

If Pierzynski DH's, that puts Mackowiak in the emergency C role and, quite frankly, that just scares the hell out of me.