That's it, blow the whole f***ing thing up

whitesoxfan101

Everybody. Manager, players hitting .200, bullpen choking when they finally get runs, all of them. Kenny and a few young guys are the only safe ones, and even that is temporary. We aren't winning anything this year and there is no use keeping all the dead weight on this team.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 19, 2007 -> 05:48 PM)
Everybody. Manager, players hitting .200, bullpen choking when they finally get runs, all of them. Kenny and a few young guys are the only safe ones, and even that is temporary. We aren't winning anything this year and there is no use keeping all the dead weight on this team.

its unbeleiveable how bad these two games have been...

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 19, 2007 -> 10:48 PM)

Ironic coming from me, but show a little patience. No changes will be made until Thome returns and we see him play for a month or so. If things are real bad, the trade deadline will be looming, and then you'll see changes.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 19, 2007 -> 03:50 PM)
Ironic coming from me, but show a little patience. No changes will be made until Thome returns and we see him play for a month or so. If things are real bad, the trade deadline will be looming, and then you'll see changes.

:drink

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ May 19, 2007 -> 05:49 PM)
Fire Sale on 35th Street!!!

i dont think we should have a firesale, trade everyone with big contracts. keep jenks, thornton, pk,aj, buehrle, danks. the rest, i dont care

QUOTE(fathom @ May 19, 2007 -> 05:50 PM)

This team has 0 shot at making the playoffs, and is full of dead weight. Waiting has no use, at all. We are nowhere near good enough to finish higher than 3rd this year.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ May 19, 2007 -> 05:51 PM)
i dont think we should have a firesale, trade everyone with big contracts. keep jenks, thornton, pk,aj, buehrle, danks. the rest, i dont care

And fire Ozzie. Add that and that is what i'm basically saying, just in not as calm terms.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 19, 2007 -> 10:51 PM)
This team has 0 shot at making the playoffs, and is full of dead weight. Waiting has no use, at all. We are nowhere near good enough to finish higher than 3rd this year.

And fire Ozzie. Add that and that is what i'm basically saying, just in not as calm terms.

I agree they won't make the playoffs....but there's nothing to gain by trading away our veterans right now. Flat out, our minor league development sucks. We can't call up anyone that doesn't look like a Little League hitter. I don't want to see Jerry Owens and Ryan Sweeney battle the rest of the year to see who can ground out more. Just be like me with Ozzie....hope he says something stupid.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ May 19, 2007 -> 10:52 PM)
Joe Girardi would make a great new manager, not that anybody is getting fired unless they murder Mike North.

I want him nowhere near our Sox pitchers....there's a reason almost all of them have gone on the DL since he started with the Marlins.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 19, 2007 -> 05:53 PM)
I agree they won't make the playoffs....but there's nothing to gain by trading away our veterans right now. Flat out, our minor league development sucks. We can't call up anyone that doesn't look like a Little League hitter. I don't want to see Jerry Owens and Ryan Sweeney battle the rest of the year to see who can ground out more. Just be like me with Ozzie....hope he says something stupid.

if were not making the playoffs, theres no point in keeping dye, crede, uribe, gooch.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 19, 2007 -> 05:53 PM)

You just explained why we need the firesale. Maybe if we trade some of these overpaid, crappy veterans we can actually have some young talent, it's not like we are going anywhere this way. And firing Ozzie ends all problems with him.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ May 19, 2007 -> 05:54 PM)
if were not making the playoffs, theres no point in keeping dye, crede, uribe, gooch.

Beat me to it.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 19, 2007 -> 05:51 PM)

its tough..i agree he hasnt been that great a manager, but i like ozzie a lot. i think thats how a lot of people feel, we agree hes not that good of a manager, but we all like him

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ May 19, 2007 -> 10:54 PM)

Of course not, but you have to wait closer to the deadline. If we trade them now, our attendance will be cut in half for next year. Here's the scary part....this team doesn't have just a few holes to fill for the next two years. There's only 5 or 6 guys on the entire roster right now who we can be sure will be here for 2009. Our window is all but closed for being a WS contender. It will be hard to get too upset if we have to rebuild for a few years, as we've been a consistent over .500 team for a long stretch.