• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(SnB @ Jul 17, 2007 -> 10:16 PM)
NCAA 08 is great.

The new legend mode is absolutely fantastic. They improved on the race for the heisman mode in a huge way. You create a guy and take him through his HS playoffs, then try and work your way up the depth chart at whatever school you go to. You also only control your one guy. IE: if you're a qb and the coach calls a handoff, you just hike the ball and hand it off and don't control the runner. It's different, but I love it.

Sounds like Maddens superstar mode. You pick your guy and only control him, I like it because I knew if I controlled all the players Id continue to blowout the cpu.

The thing I hated about their past games was that Id go undefeated and not get to play in the BCS title game, absolutely ticked me off every time.

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Jul 14, 2007 -> 12:14 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=1472026:date=Jul 14, 2007 -> 11:56 AM:name=nitetrain8601)-->
QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 14, 2007 -> 11:56 AM)
<!--quotec-->As someone who owns both a 360 and PS3, the 360 is the one collecting dust. Got both at the same time. 360 really doesn't excite me. In fact, if someone robbed me of it, I wouldn't even realize it until maybe years later.

If I got PS3 today, what's one game I would need to get? (Besides Resistance and Ninja Gaiden, I've heard those are both awesome). Also, I'd need to buy the HDTV AV cables right?

Lair. Although not out yet, it comes out August 14th i think. Anyways, suppsoedly its getting good reviews. ive seen graphics and a video and they do look impressive, even more so if you have hd as i believe it runs in full 1080pi if you have it. Although it is being made by Factor 5 and they have been known to disappoint so we'll see. I believe MGSIV is ps3 exclusive for 08 and Assassin's Creed comes out in November for PS3 (360 release date yet to be announced).

I have a PS3 and i love it. a Couple friends of mine have Wii and i like playing it there but i would never buy one as i dont see a lot of single player value. In addition, if you are an MMORPG fan the PS3 signed an exclusive deal to get something like 4 or 5 games in the next few years that will be developed as ps3 exclusives.

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Jul 14, 2007 -> 07:14 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=1472026:date=Jul 14, 2007 -> 11:56 AM:name=nitetrain8601)-->
QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 14, 2007 -> 11:56 AM)
<!--quotec-->As someone who owns both a 360 and PS3, the 360 is the one collecting dust. Got both at the same time. 360 really doesn't excite me. In fact, if someone robbed me of it, I wouldn't even realize it until maybe years later.

If I got PS3 today, what's one game I would need to get? (Besides Resistance and Ninja Gaiden, I've heard those are both awesome). Also, I'd need to buy the HDTV AV cables right?

If you do get one, you better get one today. Price cut should be over any day now.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 19, 2007 -> 06:09 PM)
Finally got xbox live set up..."Bullsback83" if anyone ever wants to get spanked at NCAA.

I'd take you on, but my xbox decided to crap out on me...so it's gonna be a little while.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 19, 2007 -> 10:17 PM)
Finally got xbox live set up..."Bullsback83" if anyone ever wants to get spanked at NCAA.

Once I get back up to school and have nothing else to do, you'll be first in line for an XBL ass-kicking... :)

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Jul 19, 2007 -> 06:03 PM)
NCAA 08 is amazing! Legend mode is so sick i love it!

who knew it would be so fun to be a backup quarterback, but I'm having a blast being the strangely fast backup white quarterback at texas a&m. It's such a different experience, i've been really entertained. I will also only practice when the starter qb has a bad game, so i'm only gaining a ton of ground on him after he's struggling. (to be sorta realistic)

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Jul 21, 2007 -> 10:39 AM)
Planning to go pick up a 360 today. Any suggestions what to get besides the system as far as accessories, games, etc?

NCAA Football 08

Ghost Recon 2

Gears of War

Rainbow Six:Vegas

The Bigs

MLB 2K7

And if you'd wanna buy the arcade games from their marketplace make sure you pick up some points as well.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Jul 21, 2007 -> 10:46 AM)
And if you'd wanna buy the arcade games from their marketplace make sure you pick up some points as well.

Mortal Kombat 3

Sonic

Contra

Castlevania

Bomberman Live

Cloning Clyde (my favorite)

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Jul 21, 2007 -> 10:34 AM)
Planning to go pick up a 360 today. Any suggestions what to get besides the system as far as accessories, games, etc?

Seriously, i love my 360 and everything, but wait till fall to get a 360 because they're replacing the 90 nm chip with a superior 65 nm chip that is a lot better and quieter. They are also adding a 3rd heat sink which helps get the hot air out of the 360. Both are being put in to lower the failure rate in the 360 and make it a much better system.

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Jul 22, 2007 -> 11:29 AM)
Seriously, i love my 360 and everything, but wait till fall to get a 360 because they're replacing the 90 nm chip with a superior 65 nm chip that is a lot better and quieter. They are also adding a 3rd heat sink which helps get the hot air out of the 360. Both are being put in to lower the failure rate in the 360 and make it a much better system.

Any idea of an expected release date?

Also, to the PS3 guys. The only game I would really look forward to on PS3 would be the new MGS.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Jul 22, 2007 -> 12:20 PM)
Any idea of an expected release date?

Also, to the PS3 guys. The only game I would really look forward to on PS3 would be the new MGS.

I don't know an exact date but it should be this fall. Oh and MGS is most likely coming out for the 360.

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Jul 19, 2007 -> 06:14 PM)
NCAA 08 is amazing! Legend mode is so sick i love it!

I can't wait to get back to school since my roommate just bought it, so there will be alot less studies this semester. Last year we were so dissapointed with Madden, but NCAA 08 is lookin amazing. Also, College Hoops 2k8 should be amazing as well since 07 was awesome.

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Jul 22, 2007 -> 12:49 PM)
I don't know an exact date but it should be this fall. Oh and MGS is most likely coming out for the 360.

I wouldnt say most likely, its definitely a possibility but you know Sony is going to do everything in its power to keep it an exclusive.