Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 26, 2007 -> 05:20 AM)
Anyone played All Pro Football 2k8? I'm very intrigued.

I bought it. Gameplay is excellent. It plays better than any Madden title I've played. It's a lot of fun trying to build the ultimate legend team. Each legend is put into a different level and you can only have so many legends from that level(For example, John Elway and Barry Sanders are my two legends from the top level. Then you have 9 other legends from the other two levels and the rest of the team is filled by generic players). So there's definitely a lot of strategy involved in building a team. The game is kind of bare bones content wise. There's only a season mode, no franchise mode or anything like that. The core game is very online based.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 11:30 PM)
I bought it. Gameplay is excellent. It plays better than any Madden title I've played. It's a lot of fun trying to build the ultimate legend team. Each legend is put into a different level and you can only have so many legends from that level(For example, John Elway and Barry Sanders are my two legends from the top level. Then you have 9 other legends from the other two levels and the rest of the team is filled by generic players). So there's definitely a lot of strategy involved in building a team. The game is kind of bare bones content wise. There's only a season mode, no franchise mode or anything like that. The core game is very online based.

Would you say it's worth the purchase? And Marino better be on the top level. :P

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 26, 2007 -> 05:33 AM)
Would you say it's worth the purchase? And Marino better be on the top level. :P

Depends. If you like Madden because you can set the price of hot dogs in your stadium, then, no I wouldn't buy it. But if you like Madden for the core football elements, then yes, I would say it's worth the purchase.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 11:55 PM)
Depends. If you like Madden because you can set the price of hot dogs in your stadium, then, no I wouldn't buy it. But if you like Madden for the core football elements, then yes, I would say it's worth the purchase.

The NFL 2K series always blew Madden away based on gameplay... their last release, with Sportscenter highlights, post-game interviews, halftime show... that was the best looking and the best playing football game of all time.

I wish EA hadn't been a bunch of b****es, realized their product was overhyped and inferior, and thusly bought out the rights to NFL and NFLPA.

This created a chain-reaction where 2K sports said, "F-You" and bought the rights to the MLB.

THIS KILLED THE TWO BEST GAMES IN THEIR RELATIVE GENRES

MVP BASEBALL (EA SPORTS)

NFL 2K... (2K Sports)

I'm still so pissed it worked out that way. Whatever happened to competition...

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 06:34 PM)
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/807/807831p1.html

Great GTA IV inside look. Come this winter, I'm definitely going to have waaay too many games to even think about playing.

I need to get a job to get all these games!

Halo 3 9/25

GTA Oct.

Call of Duty 4 10/31

Mass Effect Fall

Ace Combat 6 Fall

Thank God all my friends have 360's and are into video games or i'd have no life outside of Sox games and video games!

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 08:31 AM)
So I might be a bit late with this, because the video came out a week ago, but damn. Metal Gear looks so f'n sweet. The graphics look good, but the environment and how it reacts to what Snake does is even better:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/22702.html

My god that looks amazing.

could someone who is smart answer my question?...

I have a pretty good, somewhat powerful computer right now. How will the pcdvd games on the computer look compared to the xbox360 games on a HDTV?

Also, I am thinking about upgrading my graphics card. If I were, what type should I get?

Edited by BearSox

So I've had a Wii for about 3 weeks now and I love it. I only have Wii Sports and Mario Party 8, but those 2 games are plenty to hold me over until Madden comes out. The Wii is a revolutionary system that is setting the bar for the next generation of video games and if you can find one, definitely go buy it.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Aug 1, 2007 -> 11:52 PM)
could someone who is smart answer my question?...

I have a pretty good, somewhat powerful computer right now. How will the pcdvd games on the computer look compared to the xbox360 games on a HDTV?

Also, I am thinking about upgrading my graphics card. If I were, what type should I get?

IMO a powerful PC is going to look better than either next gen console. Mainly I think this is due to the fact that you're playing on a 17-19-21 inch screen versus 40+. Right there the sharpness of the picture is going to be a whole lot better.

I've got the ATI Radeon X1950 pro. It's $200-250. It's not a top of the line, but it's better than 90% of whats out there. ATI and NVidia are the two major players in the graphics card world. I know that Nvidia has a comparable model to the x1950 pro.

Things is it's only 256mb's, which is more than adequate for games that are out there now, but probably won't be for coming year. I can play the most demanding games, something like Company of Heroes, at high detail and I don't see any lag or anything. These models (the ati and comparable nvidia) also give you the option of buying two of the same card and throwing them together. ATI calls this 'Crossfire.' I myself am about to look into this to see if it's worth it.

In my 'research' there's very few sites out there that can break down which cards are better to a lay person. They get too damn technical for me, so I ended up going on a friends recommendation. I'd suggest you head to best buy or a similiar store, ask someone there what they think about the cards, then take the model information and do some googling at home to find the reviews. You're going to have fanboys that trash ati or trash nvidia, but you should be able to find some good neutral reviews. As with everything, it's all about how much $$ you want to throw down.

That much? Would there be any good ones in the 50-70 range?

Also, I am thinking about upgrading my monitor to a 20" or 22" widescreen lcd monitor. I have a 17 inch regular one right now that came with my computer, but I have read great things about the hp w2007 and w2207 monitors.

QUOTE(Purdue129 @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 07:13 PM)
GTAIV appears to be pushed back til April 08.

In better news BioShock, which comes out in less than 3 weeks, is getting near perfect scores EVERYWHERE.

To be honest, I'm kinda happy. There are a lot of good games coming out between now and Christmas, and I wouldn't have the money.

Also, for the ps3 owners out there, a demo for graw was released today and is now available for download. Downloading mine as I type.

Edited by BearSox

QUOTE(BearSox @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 08:40 PM)
is it worth the 300 some dollars?

The w20 is the same, except two inches smaller, correct?

When I bought mine it was 350 which I thought was a little steep. However, my old CRT had crapped out so I needed a monitor anyways. Only issue I know of is the occasional occurrence of a burned out pixel. My friend and I both have very similar HP monitors and both have a very small barely noticeable burned out pixel in different locations. Probably just a coincidence.

However, I do love the monitor. Especially being a wide screen like it is. Getting used to a 22" wide screen takes a little time. I feel it is worth the investment if you have the cash.

Edited by SoxFanForever