Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 6, 2010 -> 08:41 AM)
Madden 10, NHL 2k10, NBA 2K10... anyone played any of these games on Wii? I got a Wii for Christmas and I was thinking of adding them to my want list.

Don't waste your money trying to find a simulation sports game worth a s*** on the Wii. It will just drive you mad to play with graphics that would have looked cool in 1998.

Instead, enjoy what hte Wii is for... Wii Sports Resort, the new Mario game which is a blast... etc etc.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 5, 2010 -> 05:08 PM)
I'm not speaking from a "fanboy" perspective either. I owned a 360 for over a year, I played Halo 3 online constantly, etc etc. I lived in fear of the RROD, I refused to use it for anything other than games (like I needed a DVD player anyway), HDDVD flamed out immediately... it's just a cheap piece of hardware and when compared side-by-side, there's very little in the argument for 360 over PS3. The price should be $150 right now if they want to continue to see market growth, because NO ONE should buy a 360 Elite over a PS3. How can the prices be the same given all the advantages of the PS3 over the 360?

Would you kindly enlighten me about all of the advantages the PS3 has over the 360.. and dont use the exclusive baseball game reason, I don't give a s*** about The Show..

QUOTE (T R U @ Jan 8, 2010 -> 03:49 AM)
Would you kindly enlighten me about all of the advantages the PS3 has over the 360.. and dont use the exclusive baseball game reason, I don't give a s*** about The Show..

Besides graphics, power, media abilities (blu-ray, internet browers, ect)?

The only I can find for the Xbox360 is that it has a better internet network (so I am told), but that should be expected considering users have to PAY for that. The "Ps3 has no games" argument does not work anymore since the PS3 has been out long enough to establish a library of it's own. Not saying it's better, just saying it is not a detractor.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 8, 2010 -> 08:35 AM)
I still have NBA Jam TE and my Sega Genesis.

Every year or so I bust it out, play Jam, MLB '94 and Madden '94 for the hell of it.

Good times.

Jam and Street Fighter are the reason my Genesis is still set up.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jan 8, 2010 -> 04:49 AM)

I believe it's been mentioned several times within the past couple pages, but:

-Better graphics

-Faster engine

-Blu Ray player

-Capability to support games the 360 flat out can't (see: Uncharted)

-Use as a media player

The only real advantage 360 has is its online has a larger population and is more established. The exclusives advantage 360 had a couple years ago is now mostly if not completely gone. And as far as online, the PS3 has been rapidly catching up. If someone were to go out today and needed a system and had no prior experience with Microsoft or Sony, I see very little reason to choose a 360.

It's really too bad that these two companies couldn't merge and combine their respective expertise into a new machine. Microsoft has the better software (better multiplayer interface, party system and nerd (achievement) point system), but PS3 has the better hardware and multimedia options.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 8, 2010 -> 09:35 AM)
It's really too bad that these two companies couldn't merge and combine their respective expertise into a new machine. Microsoft has the better software (better multiplayer interface, party system and nerd (achievement) point system), but PS3 has the better hardware and multimedia options.

That'd be blasphemy.

better graphics according to who? PS3 owners? Like ive said, ive played both and havent noticed any difference.. I already have a blu ray player, and I got this thing called a computer for web browsing.. nothing any of you have said has made a distinct advantage over the xbox..

And I can store music and movies on my xbox 360, I could use the thing for everything bt gaming if i really felt like it.. so im still waiting on anything that is an advantage.. if i was a random person in this thread asking why i should switch to a ps3, what would you say? keeoping in mind I just told you I already have a blu ray player and am perfectly content with my compter for web browsing.. not to mention all of my movies and music already on my xbox.. why should i change to a PS3?

QUOTE (T R U @ Jan 8, 2010 -> 01:23 PM)
why should i change to a PS3?

To erase the fear of it dying on you for probably the third time? TO have a machine that doesn't sound like a plan taking off?

If you have already spent the money on a bluray player, and are content dropping $50 on a service you shouldn't have to pay for each year, and don't mind missing out on 75% of the good games that are exclusive to consoles, then I guess there's no reason to switch.

If we go WAY back to my initial post, I said no one who is looking to purchase a system should get the 360 Elite over a PS3. I didn't say scrap your current investments. However, not having to worry about the RROD alone I would think would be worth it.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jan 8, 2010 -> 02:23 PM)
better graphics according to who? PS3 owners? Like ive said, ive played both and havent noticed any difference.. I already have a blu ray player, and I got this thing called a computer for web browsing.. nothing any of you have said has made a distinct advantage over the xbox..

So spending $500 to get 360 + Blu Ray players is better than spending $300 for a PS3 and better Blu Ray player then huh? Ok. I guess you got me there.

And that thing called a computer? Well good for you. I've heard of those things. But being able to check your email or fantasy team or espn.com for a score or whatever right after watching a movie or game on the system can be awfully convenient. Especially if you have your computer in another room or have it currently turned off.

The fact that you dismiss everything the PS3 does that the Xbox does not as no advantage because you could get the same from something else is ridiculous. It's kinda like saying why would I ever buy a universal remote? I mean I could spend more money to get 4 separate ones so therefore it has no advantages.

And as far as graphics go, fanboys aside, it's pretty much universally accepted that the PS3 has superior graphics. It may have something to do with the fact that it is a more powerful engine/system/processor but who knows!

A few things with this post, not that I don't like the PS3 backing...

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jan 8, 2010 -> 02:00 PM)
And that thing called a computer? Well good for you. I've heard of those things. But being able to check your email or fantasy team or espn.com for a score or whatever right after watching a movie or game on the system can be awfully convenient. Especially if you have your computer in another room or have it currently turned off.

For some that's an advantage, but I have not used, nor plan to use the PS3 to surf the web.

It's kinda like saying why would I ever buy a universal remote? I mean I could spend more money to get 4 separate ones so therefore it has no advantages.

Don't universal remotes replace the remotes that come with devices? There is no sunk cost in using the remote that comes with your television/stereo.

And as far as graphics go, fanboys aside, it's pretty much universally accepted that the PS3 has superior graphics. It may have something to do with the fact that it is a more powerful engine/system/processor but who knows!

I believe what you meant to say is that it is universally accepted that the PS3 has superior graphic POTENTIAL. Whereas the XBOX 360 is being stretched to it's graphical limits right now, the PS3 has more and more and more room to grow. Right now, they are pretty much on par, but if Uncharted 2 is any indication, the PS3 is looking to take that next step with it's exclusives.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 8, 2010 -> 03:51 PM)
A few things with this post, not that I don't like the PS3 backing...

For some that's an advantage, but I have not used, nor plan to use the PS3 to surf the web.

But some people do. That's what I was saying. It's a general statement, of course not everyone is going to take advantage of every feature. However, it is a nice added perk of the system for those people who do choose to take advantage of it.

Don't universal remotes replace the remotes that come with devices? There is no sunk cost in using the remote that comes with your television/stereo.

It was an analogy. He was saying that because he has a separate Blu Ray player and a separate web browsing device, therefore the PS3 being capable of games plus the two other functions I mentioned was useless and not an advantage.

I believe what you meant to say is that it is universally accepted that the PS3 has superior graphic POTENTIAL. Whereas the XBOX 360 is being stretched to it's graphical limits right now, the PS3 has more and more and more room to grow. Right now, they are pretty much on par, but if Uncharted 2 is any indication, the PS3 is looking to take that next step with it's exclusives.

Potential, absolutely. The devs flat out said they could not port Uncharted to Xbox even if they wanted to. And I agree that as we move on more and more games will be like that. However, with many games being designed at the same time now (ie not being ported from the Xbox to PS3) the graphics are often said to be better on the PS3. Obviously not always, but many developers in the industry will say that.

Hells to the yeahs. The original argument here was a person would be a complete idiot to purchase an XBOX 360 Elite today vs a PS3 Slim, when they both have a $299 pricepoint. Elite should be $150 if they want to continue seeing growth through the 3rd quarter of this year.

QUOTE (Markbilliards @ Jan 7, 2010 -> 04:35 PM)
I have a 360 with saved game data on two different profiles. Can I move the data from one profile to the other? Or am I stuck signing in and out every time?

I'm bumping myself. If this isn't possible, let me know.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 8, 2010 -> 04:29 PM)
That's true, you gotta love Carl's confidence. I was just answering his question.

No you weren't.. I wasn't asking you to sway me, I was asking you to give me the reasons why I should get a PS3 as if you didn't know me and I was a random person asking why its better..