Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 8, 2010 -> 02:51 PM)
I believe what you meant to say is that it is universally accepted that the PS3 has superior graphic POTENTIAL. Whereas the XBOX 360 is being stretched to it's graphical limits right now, the PS3 has more and more and more room to grow. Right now, they are pretty much on par, but if Uncharted 2 is any indication, the PS3 is looking to take that next step with it's exclusives.

Isn't Uncharted only around 70% PS3's power? That games graphical prowess (and the fact that despite the fantastic graphics, tons of things are happening on screen at any time) is the best I've ever seen (quick note: Huge Naughty Dog fanboy). I'd love to see what ND does with Uncharted 3 (or if my dreams happen, their next Jak and Daxter game).

Also, everyones forgetting one minor $100 thing you can buy for a 360 but is built into a PS3, WiFi.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As for the online debate Id also add imo the top non-sport online game right now is Uncharted2 as well, so I dont really see what advantage the 360 has over ps3. That being said of course I own a 360 myself and of course the hard drive is broken so I cant even use xbox live.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 8, 2010 -> 01:58 PM)
I dont understand why people argue with TRU anymore. When he says he is right and its his opinion, he doesnt budge

No way. Trading for Daunte Culpepper was a great move by the Dolphins. Just look at how great it worked out :P

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 8, 2010 -> 11:27 PM)
Also, everyones forgetting one minor $100 thing you can buy for a 360 but is built into a PS3, WiFi.

Yet another great point. There is no reason anyone should buy an XBOX 360 over a PS3 today.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 8, 2010 -> 01:58 PM)
I dont understand why people argue with TRU anymore. When he says he is right and its his opinion, he doesnt budge

Well I am the person who had an NFL player (who had to go out of his way to get my number) text me on draft day to rub my opinion in my face and THEN choose to wear my high school number in the pros just to spite me..

QUOTE (T R U @ Jan 9, 2010 -> 10:08 PM)
Well I am the person who had an NFL player (who had to go out of his way to get my number) text me on draft day to rub my opinion in my face and THEN choose to wear my high school number in the pros just to spite me..

:lolhitting

It's always about you, isn't it?

That's just funny.

QUOTE (Stocking @ Jan 9, 2010 -> 11:12 PM)
Heavy Rain official release date February 23. "Blows Uncharted 2 away" CES

QUOTE (Stocking @ Jan 9, 2010 -> 11:20 PM)
.......and MLB the show 2010 releases March 2nd. Both only on the PS3, :headbang

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jan 9, 2010 -> 11:43 PM)

I repeat.

Best decision I've made.

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Jan 10, 2010 -> 10:10 AM)
I've never heard about this game until you mentioned it. It looks awesome. It seems like the story is a movie.

If one of the four main characters dies at any point, they stay dead. Just throwing that out.

Also, in The Show, does anyone else find the full MiLB rosters online (made by players...) and use them?

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Jan 10, 2010 -> 09:38 PM)
Really? I'd be the type to replay the level so I wouldn't die.

I think in some interview it said there was no rewinding or something like that. Still an intriguing game nonetheless.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 11, 2010 -> 12:48 PM)
I am on my way over to BestBuy in a minute to buy Mario Kart Wii.

My favorite game of my childhood returns to me!

i've owned all of the major mario karts (non portables) and double dash (the one for gamecube) has been my favorite. But that could just be the case because I was in college for that one.

QUOTE (SnB @ Jan 11, 2010 -> 01:05 PM)
i've owned all of the major mario karts (non portables) and double dash (the one for gamecube) has been my favorite. But that could just be the case because I was in college for that one.

I loved double dash, I really liked how you could combine the elements of the driver and passenger and get different blocks as a result. I miss that in Mario Kart Wii, although there is nothing wrong with that game. The bikes are pretty fun.

If you want, me and some friends play online on Thursdays, let me know and I will send you my Kart code and you can jump in

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 11, 2010 -> 12:48 PM)
I am on my way over to BestBuy in a minute to buy Mario Kart Wii.

My favorite game of my childhood returns to me!

So, apparently Mario Kart Wii is out of stock in the 5 stores in my area and BestBuy isnt selling it shipping it online... in store only.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 11, 2010 -> 02:32 PM)
So, apparently Mario Kart Wii is out of stock in the 5 stores in my area and BestBuy isnt selling it shipping it online... in store only.

wow, thats crazy. i got it at the schaumburg gamestop on barrington and schaumburg road 1 month after it came out.