White Sox vs. A's, 5/23/2007 (L)

MHizzle85

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 24, 2007 -> 01:29 AM)
You would think with all of the thumpers on our team, that we would take pitches better. I mean if we could see half the pitches that the As see, we would have something.

We don't have a team with a lot of patient hitters though. It's amazing how bad Crede is at drawing walks, at this point in his career. Erstad, for all the pitches he sees, doesn't walk often either.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Walker said they were finally turning it around, that the first seven weeks were a struggle, that despite the struggle they had battled and not put the team in a big hole and that he thought they were on the right track.

EXCEPT when Cy Young Gaudin was pitching.

uribe is our strike zone, take a walk guy.

Dye with two great pitches to hit that AB.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ May 24, 2007 -> 01:34 AM)
Good to see the Fire Walker thread got bumped up. As if this game is not a reminder enough that our offense is not cured because of 3 games.

Colby Lewis = cure for every hitting coach. In all honesty, we're going to see 3 really tough pitchers in our next 4 games.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ May 23, 2007 -> 08:34 PM)
Good to see the Fire Walker thread got bumped up. As if this game is not a reminder enough that our offense is not cured because of 3 games.

People have hit Chad. There are no teams outside of the sox that he dominates and 2 hits over 5+.

Someone needs to throw sliders in batting practice. It like they never saw one before.

I love it when our high priced sluggers take pitches for strike 3.

Quite a pathetic inning. I hope Greg Walker didn't break his hand patting himself on the back.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 24, 2007 -> 01:37 AM)
I love it when our high priced sluggers take pitches for strike 3.

You must have missed the memo where he said it's ok if he strikes out a lot.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 23, 2007 -> 08:39 PM)
Quite a pathetic inning. I hope Greg Walker didn't break his hand patting himself on the back.

You must have missed the memo where he said it's ok if he strikes out a lot.

7 weeks of sucking, he blames everything from the weather to depression.

3 good games, and he is on every radio station claiming victory.

Then he gets 2 hit by Cy Young.

Time for the sox to hit the f***ing ball.

2 runs, that is the challenge. Stop trying to be superheros. Do what you did over the last few games, and hit it where its pitched.

1 run in 11 innings against the best pitcher in baseball.

Lefties hit this guy at a .280 clip.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 23, 2007 -> 08:52 PM)
Gaudin's good enough without our hitters swinging at everything from their heads to their feet.

This has been the problem for the last 7 weeks, not the weather, not their heads. Just expanding the zone, trying to park pitches all over the place. There is no reason that we are getting 2 hit by this guy. I could care how great everyone makes him out to be. People hit him. They might not score a ton of runs off of him. But this is embarassing.

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ May 23, 2007 -> 08:53 PM)
didn't gaudin dominate us in oakland as well?

yep 1 run on 3 hits...

i mean it's not as bad as getting shut down by a guy with a 10 ERA but still... we should be able to manage 2 or 3 off this guy at the very least...

QUOTE(fathom @ May 23, 2007 -> 08:55 PM)
The best chance to score 2 runs is for Erstad to grind his way on base, Iguchi to do what he does best and make an out, and then have Thome bomb a low sinker.

you know you're actually right... which is sad...

QUOTE(Reddy @ May 24, 2007 -> 01:54 AM)
yep 1 run on 3 hits...

i mean it's not as bad as getting shut down by a guy with a 10 ERA but still... we should be able to manage 2 or 3 hits off this guy at the very least...

Fixed

I can't believe Garland is still out there. Nothing like trying to get your pitcher a win, I guess.