Kobe To the Bulls Rumors

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Brian @ May 27, 2007 -> 06:02 PM)
I see the story on espn.com but do not see where he says Chicago.

If so, see ya Ben Gordon and #9 pick at least. No way I trade Deng.

If you watch the little video clip with Ric he says that Chicago would be a perfect fit due to having young talent to trade.

QUOTE(Scwible @ May 27, 2007 -> 08:14 PM)
I think i would put more stock into it if Kobe said he would want to come to chicago.

Actually, he has in the past. When he became a free agent a couple of years ago, JR and Paxson flew out to LA to see him and made a presentation. Kobe said he was very impressed. If the Lakers didn't move Shaq, Kobe probably would have been a Bull.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 27, 2007 -> 09:09 PM)
I'd take him in a second for a deal around Gordon, Tyrus, and the 9 pick.

Why so he can come to the Bulls and lead them nowhere too?

The Lakers were only good because of Shaq, not Kobe.. It doesn't matter where he goes, they will never win because he is a me player and thats just how it'll be with him..

Gordon, Tyrus, and the 9th pick for Kobe would make the Bulls worse

I would be willing to deal a lot to get a guy like Kobe. A guy like him who has the ability to dominate offensively and defensively would put this team over the hump as long as we got to keep either Gordon or Deng.

I think it would have to be something like Gordon/Deng, Tyrus and our pick this year.

^^^ x infinity

Kirk, Kobe, Deng is one helluva trio. If we could resign PJ for another season, keep him at PF, and with Big Ben at C...wow.

Maybe even you sign a Chris Mihm/Brian Skinner/Kurt Thomas/Jamaal Magloire/Melvin Ely/Corliss Williamson for the MLE, and you've got yourself quite a team.

Edited by SoxFan1

You'll regret giving up that stud. I'd rather deal Noc/Sefo or even f***ing Hinrich. Deng, Thomas are really the only no-nos for me. Gordon I like alot too but if you get a Kobe, then see ya Gordon.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ May 28, 2007 -> 06:08 AM)
You'll regret giving up that stud. I'd rather deal Noc/Sefo or even f***ing Hinrich. Deng, Thomas are really the only no-nos for me. Gordon I like alot too but if you get a Kobe, then see ya Gordon.

I feel the same way, though I think the Lakers would probably want Tyrus in the trade. I would love a deal of Gordon, Noc, and the 9th pick for Kobe. The starting lineup would be sick:

Hinrich

Kobe

Deng

Brown(if re-signed) or TT

Wallace

QUOTE(Shadows @ May 27, 2007 -> 10:29 PM)
Why so he can come to the Bulls and lead them nowhere too?

The Lakers were only good because of Shaq, not Kobe.. It doesn't matter where he goes, they will never win because he is a me player and thats just how it'll be with him..

Gordon, Tyrus, and the 9th pick for Kobe would make the Bulls worse

Glad I am not the only one that thinks of this criminal player this way.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ May 28, 2007 -> 09:05 AM)
Glad I am not the only one that thinks of this criminal player this way.

to expand on that, I usually don't mix guys personal lives with how I feel about them when rooting for them, however, I would have a hard time rooting for Kobe. That whole incident in Colorado sickened me, and I don't care if nothing was found criminally, I looked at what happened, how he handled it and I think he's a horrible human being.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 27, 2007 -> 07:09 PM)

IF that was all it took, count me in. But I think you'd have to find a way for salaries (albeit you could probably sign Gordon to a fat contract and that would help even out the salaries).

He cheated on his wife. I'm not saying I'd cheat, but that is all he did. The rest was bunch of bulls***. And well, fact is if you are going to hate on athletes for cheating than your going to probably hate almost every athlete out there.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 28, 2007 -> 08:40 PM)
You guys really think the lakers would take any deal that didnt include Deng? Come on now. He would be probably the first thing they asked for.

As long as Odom is still a Laker, I don't see this being the case.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 28, 2007 -> 06:35 PM)
IF that was all it took, count me in. But I think you'd have to find a way for salaries (albeit you could probably sign Gordon to a fat contract and that would help even out the salaries).

He cheated on his wife. I'm not saying I'd cheat, but that is all he did. The rest was bunch of bulls***. And well, fact is if you are going to hate on athletes for cheating than your going to probably hate almost every athlete out there.

I really like Kobe. Like you said, if you're going to start hating on guys that cheat, you might as well hate 90 pct of the guys. Kobe Bryant and Barry Bonds are two of the most hated players in sports....yet there's no one more exciting to watch when they're at their best.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 28, 2007 -> 09:27 PM)
As long as Odom is still a Laker, I don't see this being the case.

He's also one of the only things of value we have. If we know Gordon isnt worth much, dont you think the lakers feel the same way? Deng is by far the player that teams want more than anyone else on our team, and the bargaining for a STAR like Kobe starts at your most talented player.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 29, 2007 -> 09:18 AM)
He's also one of the only things of value we have. If we know Gordon isnt worth much, dont you think the lakers feel the same way? Deng is by far the player that teams want more than anyone else on our team, and the bargaining for a STAR like Kobe starts at your most talented player.

I don't know how Gordon would not be worth much.

So, here's my whole take:

The whole reason why you would want to get Kobe Bryant is because you want to bundle him with the pieces you already have. It doesn't do you much good to put a lineup of Bryant, Duhon, Sweetney, Khryapa, Wallace out there, because we've already seen what that does in L.A.

If you can't pair Kobe with Deng, Wallace, and probably Hinrich, then the motivation for this deal is pretty low, because all you're doing is setting up exactly the situation LA is in now: 1 great star who puts you in the playoffs if he's healthy but who isn't good enough to win the whole thing but is also too good for you to get a great draft pick.

The only way this type of deal makes sense either for Kobe or for the Bulls is for the deal to not make sense for the Lakers. In other words, it winds up being 1 guy, like Hinrich, thrown in with maybe Nocioni, to cover the salary. Then the Bulls hold on to Deng, Wallace, and probably a TT or something like that and that looks like a championship lineup, especially if you can draft a point guard.

The only way this type of deal happens is if Kobe requests it and the Lakers take back only enough to match the salaries. Because for equal talent, it basically takes the whole Bulls starting lineup...which is of course why it's so difficult to trade a superstar.