Erstad hurt

JUSTgottaBELIEVE

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(quickman @ May 31, 2007 -> 08:26 PM)
enter the great Brian Fricken andersen, the man who blows chunks. this year is over. Now we get to watch surfer boy and all his groupies on the board.

Wherever there's a struggling prospect to be commented on....

QUOTE(JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ May 31, 2007 -> 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
all they are saying is they heard a "pop" on his swing

Well he never had any "pop" in his bat.

This should've been expected, but at least the Sox have some options in the minor leagues. I couldn't imagine what would happen if Iguchi or Uribe suffered an injury this serious.

i feel bad for grindy. he wasn't god, as some here liked to say and/or imply, but he worked hard. hope he gets well soon. i also hope we bring up anderson and he starts hitting around .270 - .280 which i believe he can do. then when erstad is ready to come back he can play left. we might have a good outfield again then.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 31, 2007 -> 08:26 PM)
Personally, I'd like to see him get the chance again. If he shows no improvement at all this year, then you move him during the offseason. I don't feel like seeing Sweeney break his bat and ground out 3 times a game right now.

Anderson should be brought up and be given another chance. Just a year ago, he was our future CF. True, he struggled, but if we're not going to hit, we need to have defense on the field. He did hit well in the minors, and we'll see how far he's in the doghouse as he plays CF better than anyone else who could be brought up.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 31, 2007 -> 08:27 PM)
Oz says Sweeney or Owens.

Hopefully Owens. He is really the only leadoff option.

I would like to see Anderson or Sweeney called up to play center, because Owens really isn't a center fielder. There is no need for Gonzalez up here.

Edited by WhiteSoxfan1986

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ May 31, 2007 -> 08:32 PM)
Hopefully Owens. He is really the only leadoff option.

Even if owens comes up I doubt Ozzie would put him leading off the guy has never hit major league pitching and he is still learning to steal bases. I speculate that maybe Iguchi will lead off, but what do I know. Nothign really except we have no minors worth a damn.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 01:36 AM)
Even if owens comes up I doubt Ozzie would put him leading off the guy has never hit major league pitching and he is still learning to steal bases. I speculate that maybe Iguchi will lead off, but what do I know. Nothign really except we have no minors worth a damn.

Disagree....Ozzie loves his slappy/speed guys at the top of the order. You know I agree with you with how pathetic our minor league system is.

I'd be okey with Owens if I knew he'd be playing everyday for the next month in the leadoff spot so he can get a chance to get comfortable and show his skills. I don't expect that to happen though as Guillen will now add CF to his platoon list. That's why I prefer Anderson who has some experience, and plays good defense.

IMO, I would just let Sweeney finish out the year.

QUOTE(spiderman @ May 31, 2007 -> 08:38 PM)
That's why I prefer Anderson who has some experience, and plays good defense.

I would LOVe BA, but I doubt that's going to happen but hopefully I'm wrong. If not, give Sweeney the chance even though he isn't ready.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 31, 2007 -> 08:38 PM)
Disagree....Ozzie loves his slappy/speed guys at the top of the order. You know I agree with you with how pathetic our minor league system is.

Well we may not have a choice. Our outfield is easily the worst in baseball right now. We will see. Ozzie has already seen sweeney and andersen, and has not seen owens. what the heck the season is over anyway. The truck is slowly backing up.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 01:42 AM)
Well we may not have a choice. Our outfield is easily the worst in baseball right now. We will see. Ozzie has already seen sweeney and andersen, and has not seen owens. what the heck the season is over anyway. The truck is slowly backing up.

Worst outfield, and the worst double play combo up the middle. How does a 100 million dollar payroll team have so many holes?

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ May 31, 2007 -> 08:50 PM)
Since we easily have the slowest team in the majors right now, this could be a good thing.

Wrong.

We're still going to be slow as all hell. It's not like he's going to be put into the 3-7 that clogs the bases.