White Sox vs. Blue Jays, 6/02/07 (L)

DBAHO

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 02:56 PM)
I have never liked the way Oz has handled the bullpen even in 05 I will admit when Oz went to get El Duque in game 3 of the LDS I wanted to kill him

His mistake was letting Marte come in and load the bases. The El Duque move was brilliance.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing that sucks is that this seems like deja vu this year, with the bullpen coming in after a starter allows a few base runners, and then we blow the lead and the game. Last year, the deja vu was with Vazquez's 6th inning.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 02:54 PM)
I actually think this has been Ozzie's best year as a manager, albeit the last couple games have not been as good. Has he made some mistakes, sure, but every manager does, and I think the main issue with the blown 10 games is the fact that this is one of the worse pens in baseball over the past few years.

Pen is bad I agree, but OG has been bad at bullpen decision making since day 1.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 07:57 PM)
please tell me who the hell you're talking about bringing into the game? Because I see no one in the pen getting anyone out. I'm sure you can find many other things to hang on Ozzie, but you're forcing the issue here. His hands are tied.

Let Thornton start the inning then. The fun thing is that it's not my job to make these decisions. Good move or not, it's Ozzie's job, and nothing is working.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 02:57 PM)
please tell me who the hell you're talking about bringing into the game? Because I see no one in the pen getting anyone out. I'm sure you can find many other things to hang on Ozzie, but you're forcing the issue here. His hands are tied.

then I say take the drastic step and bring jenks in during 7/8, at this point I would rather see the bad pen blow it in the 8/9, something different

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 02:57 PM)
The El Duque move was brilliance.

*Sigh* And it would have been an atrocious move if he gives up a grand slam.

You people give Ozzie way too much blame, and sometimes almost none to the players themselves who clearly deserve the bulk of it...

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 07:58 PM)
then I say take the drastic step and bring jenks in during 7/8, at this point I would rather see the bad pen blow it in the 8/9, something different

Yeah....if something continues to not work, don't keep doing it. Be creative...hell, make Massett the set-up guy or call up Gio to do it (I think I just gave Flash a heart attack).

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 03:00 PM)
*Sigh* And it would have been an atrocious move if he gives up a grand slam.

You people give Ozzie way too much blame, and sometimes almost none to the players themselves who clearly deserve the bulk of it...

I thought it was brilliant at the time. That is a bad spot as is, bring in the guy who has pitched out of plenty of bad spots and see how it goes.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 01:00 PM)
Yeah....if something continues to not work, don't keep doing it. Be creative...hell, make Massett the set-up guy or call up Gio to do it (I think I just gave Flash a heart attack).

I will agree with one point - I'm tired of hearing Ozzie vent about not being afraid to make changes and then nothing happens. Sending Sisco to AAA was not a drastic move. If he wants to back up his smack he should DL Mac, AAA Ardsma and bring up some men who aren't afraid to throw strikes. Screw their development!

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 03:04 PM)
I will agree with one point - I'm tired of hearing Ozzie vent about not being afraid to make changes and then nothing happens. Sending Sisco to AAA was not a drastic move. If he wants to back up his smack he should DL Mac, AAA Ardsma and bring up some men who aren't afraid to throw strikes. Screw their development!

Exactly, I keep hearing Oz and KW talk about not being afraid to shake it up, then do it! The drastic Sisco move would have been to bring up Day and throw him into the fire, may have been horribe, but so what, he's 27, not a top prospect, need to do something