DBAHO

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 02:43 PM)
I don't care if he sticks up for them publically or not....it's just that he keeps putting players out there who are clearly not 100 pct to struggle. He left Pods out there to die last year, and he's doing the same with MacDougal this year.

... Not to mention Politte and Cotts last year and Marte in 2005.

QUOTE(TheOcho @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 07:42 PM)
Oh bulls***. No matter what, Danks was a great pickup.

Of course...I meant for the 2007 season though. You know, the season KW said he wouldn't forget about when making moves this offseason. Danks and Jenks are the two players I actually enjoy watching these days.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 07:44 PM)
So out of curiosity, how many blown games for our bullpen this year so far?

Blown saves is a worthless stat. This will be game #10 in which we've lost after leading in the 6th inning or later.

Here's Aardsma's problem -- his fastball has no movement, his fastball has lost velocity since last season, and unlike earlier in the season there's no command or offspeed pitches to speak of.

I thought this game was supposed to give us a spark -- what happened?

I really don't think you can do anything with this bullpen to help it. I'm not sure what KW can do to fix it. This was his baby in the offseason, and he f***ed it up then. What makes anyone think he can fix it now on the fly!!

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 02:40 PM)
Take the high road. If other people want to bump what you said, let them. Don't take any pride in saying things that come true if you know they'll upset people.

Why not? If they are going to be assholes, I have no problem following suit.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 02:45 PM)
Of course...I meant for the 2007 season though. You know, the season KW said he wouldn't forget about when making moves this offseason. Danks and Jenks are the two players I actually enjoy watching these days.

the rotation in general has been good to watch also, i mean, if they pitched like they did last year and we struggled to find a 5th starter ala 01-04, can you imagine where we would be right now, with having this horrid bullpen and the worst offense in the league

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 02:45 PM)

Roger.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 07:44 PM)
The saddest thing about this whole bullpen thing is if you combined the Sox bullpen and Cubs bullpen, you would still only have Bobby Jenks as a good reliever. Maybe Dempster. Why does Chicago always suck with bullpens and places like San Diego and Minnesota make it look so easy when they sign journey men guys who do amazing? Its gotta be the maanger doing his job and putting guys in the right position to succeed, right?

I would have to agree besides that game against the Mets Dempster has been fine

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 07:45 PM)
Blown saves is a worthless stat. This will be game #10 in which we've lost after leading in the 6th inning or later.

I believe this was supposed to be the bullpen designed to win those 10 games after the 6th right? What a joke

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 02:45 PM)
... Not to mention Politte and Cotts last year and Marte in 2005.

Because the options Ozzie was provided were a washed-up Riske, a near the end Nelson, Montero, Politte and Tracey.

You can't make filet mignon out of mince-meat.