White Sox vs. Astros, 6/9/07 (L)

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 03:57 PM)
I think they need to do this for PR and fringe season ticket holders like myself that are wondering if this franchise is worth investing in.

Assuming we do not do well this year in addition to letting player walk with free agency would seem to equate a dramatic drop in season ticket purchases in addition to individual game tickets. In business, you need to reassure the investors that they are getting their moneys worth. I would agree that PR work needs to be done and to a certain extent we may even call it "damage control".

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 09:05 PM)
why? then we'll be so excited that a win could turn it around, and then our bats wont even show up tomorrow, we'll lose 8-0

Cause I'll get tired if I have to root against this team over the next 100 games. It's not like them losing is going to make the Sox make any changes. Things can't get much worse than they've been.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 04:05 PM)
why? then we'll be so excited that a win could turn it around, and then our bats wont even show up tomorrow, we'll lose 8-0

All Sox fans should want the team to win, even if they suck like they do. It seems you would be better off leaving and not watching.

It's possible to be pessimistic without being downright miserable.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 04:04 PM)
I hope this team wins.

I just, don't even care any more at this point. I have almost nothing left to give for this team. It's so draining.

I have two tickets to sit in the premium club level box seats to the game tomorrow, the best seats I've ever sat and I usually die when I get tickets there, but I just don't feel like going. If I go I'll just watch s***ty baseball, spend money I don't have, and have to be late to my baseball game at 5.

Before, I wouldn't even question it, I would go. Now, I am seriosuly weighing my options.