White Sox vs. Phillies, 6/11/07 (L)

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Man is Erin Andrews fine. Wow.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 06:31 PM)
Fields didnt hit that one tremendously and it sent Rowand back to the track. Even though he is 2-19, he is gonna get going soon. Just keep pluggin him in the lineup. And defensively he has been great.

Yeah I thought Utley crushed his and Terrero caught it 2 steps shy of the track in front of the 401 sign, Fields one looked like a fly ball and was caught a step from the wall at the 401 sign.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 11:35 PM)
Yeah I thought Utley crushed his and Terrero caught it 2 steps shy of the track in front of the 401 sign, Fields one looked like a fly ball and was caught a step from the wall at the 401 sign.

Fields has so much more potential than a lot of our recent prospects. Joe Borchard's problem was that he couldn't touch an offspeed pitch. Right now, Fields is struggling more with the fastball, which shouldn't be an issue as he gets comfortable. I've seen so many prospects the last couple of years around baseball look completely lost at first, and then all of a sudden, they make the game look so much easier. On the pitching side, Rich Hill is the perfect example of this.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 11:36 PM)
Rolling curveball. That is a flashback to the kinda pitches he was throwing in the 6th inning last year.

Did anyone actually think Javy wouldn't struggle with the longball at this park? Javy's curveball just isn't very good, especially since he's lost his velocity. I remember when he was coming up with Montreal, he would throw a 95 mph fastball followed by a wicked slider.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 06:39 PM)
Did anyone actually think Javy wouldn't struggle with the longball at this park?

That Burrell ball would have been a homer at Yellowstone Park, let alone Citizens Bank. :)

OUCH Hawk. While talking about Javy's career .214 average, he said "that's not far off from where some of our regular guys have been".

I'm shocked he'd step out and say something like that, even if it was subtle.

Anyone get the feeling that it doesn't matter if a pitcher has a 2 ERA coming into the game vs the Sox or a 22 ERA? This team just makes getting runners and scoring runs seem very difficult.

If the Sox can't start playing better and actually winning more games than they lose after the next two weeks, then the fire sale needs to begin.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 06:45 PM)
Anyone get the feeling that it doesn't matter if a pitcher has a 2 ERA coming into the game vs the Sox or a 22 ERA? This team just makes getting runners and scoring runs seem very difficult.

If the Sox can't start playing better and actually winning more games than they lose after the next two weeks, then the fire sale needs to begin.

I know this isn't the place but did you watch the Cub game last night? What's the deal with this Fontenot character? I liked what I saw.

It's apparent that unless the White Sox are hitting Home runs, they can't scratch out runs. Unfortunately, the don't go on home run hitting spree's anymore so it looks like the crappy Adam Eaton is on his way to a dominating performance over the beloved White Sox.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 06:29 PM)
I like how the ESPN guys mention Fields played SS in Charlotte like it's relevant to anything.

Yeah, he played there for 1 game because of an emergency....that's just reading the media information they make available.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 06:45 PM)

Yep....that sums it up pretty well.

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 11:49 PM)
I know this isn't the place but did you watch the Cub game last night? What's the deal with this Fontenot character? I liked what I saw.

Fontenot is a nice, scrappy little hitter. He's the exact type of middle infielder we've lacked in our system that can come up and hit a little if needed. I'm pretty sure he's the last remaining piece of the Sosa deal. And yes I watched the game, and my love for Willie Harris grows more and more.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 06:48 PM)
It's looking pretty certain that tonight's game is gonna be homer ball. Whoever hits the most solo bombs wins and we need to get at least 2, perferably 4 or 5.

What makes you say that ? We're going to the 4th, and the White Sox have yet to score a run.

QUOTE(spiderman @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 06:52 PM)
It's apparent that unless the White Sox are hitting Home runs, they can't scratch out runs. Unfortunately, the don't go on home run hitting spree's anymore so it looks like the crappy Adam Eaton is on his way to a dominating performance over the beloved White Sox.

Yeah, he played there for 1 game because of an emergency....that's just reading the media information they make available.

Yep....that sums it up pretty well.

He actually played there for like a week, but it was due to a shortage of crap in AAA.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 06:53 PM)
Fontenot is a nice, scrappy little hitter. He's the exact type of middle infielder we've lacked in our system that can come up and hit a little if needed. I'm pretty sure he's the last remaining piece of the Sosa deal. And yes I watched the game, and my love for Willie Harris grows more and more.

Willie Harris played really well in that series.

As much as I rag on Erstad, Rollins is the king of grindouts. John Dewon says 84% of his groundballs are hit to the right side. That's the highest percentage in the league.

I'd put the shift on him with the third baseman playing in to prevent the bunt.

It's sad that 1 hit through 4 innings against a pitcher with a 6 ERA isn't upsetting anymore. Not being able to use Thome and Konerko in the same lineup makes a terrible lineup even worse. But hey, at least Greg Walker deserves none of the blame. As Farmer says "when this team starts hitting, they won't stop".

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 06:53 PM)

Ah, OK. I like how he played, would like to see him and Theriot play together, they've got a nice situation there.