White Sox vs. Phillies, 6/13/07 (L)

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 02:36 PM)
He'll be back in 100 games after this game. I'm sure we'll overpay by giving him something like 4/32.

I couldn't even imagine that. Seriously, no way in hell could I live with a contract like that.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 02:37 PM)
I'm looking forward to the Sox surge in late August and September to get near .500 and convince Ozzie and KW that a lot of these guys are good, so we can be mired in mediocrity for a long time. Hey KW, this isn't working. Change something. Anything at this point.

I share your fear.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 07:38 PM)
I give it another week before the Royals pass us up and we are in the cellar.

Good....this team deserves that dubious honor. Right now, I'm for anything that equates to the Sox going into fire sale mode. And the rumor about the Sox asking a lot for Buehrle likely means they know they can't re-sign him this offseason.

I was watching gameday (MLB) and the thing is slower than slow. I had no idea that Crash just crushed us. Thornton gave up a grand slam. Pathetic relief pitching gets worse. How is that possible? This team has nothing going for it at all.

QUOTE(klaus kinski @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 02:39 PM)
Really, I dont get upset any more. Its a rebuilding team-plain & simple. No expectations.

I swear I've heard that somewhere before..

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 02:41 PM)
What the heck happend??? I was listening to the game, it was tied, I answered a phone call and came back to being down by 5! How bad can this team really be??? I don't ever remember a Sox team that was this pathetic.

That's your 2007 Chicago White Sox

Edited by Greg The Bull Luzinski

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 07:38 PM)
I couldn't even imagine that. Seriously, no way in hell could I live with a contract like that.

Look at his numbers this year, and then think about how guys like Hunter and Jones will get between 12 and 15 mil per season. Also, I'm sure the Sox will think that he brings amazing intangibles to the table as well. I honestly believe he could get more money than that.

BTW, would anyone be opposed to trying Willie Harris at 2nd base next year, as long as he has a platoon person who can hit lefties good?

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 02:41 PM)
What the heck happend??? I was listening to the game, it was tied, I answered a phone call and came back to being down by 5! How bad can this team really be??? I don't ever remember a Sox team that was this pathetic.

You're what? Mid 30's? .. You can remember at least a couple.

QUOTE(klaus kinski @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 02:39 PM)
Really, I dont get upset any more. Its a rebuilding team-plain & simple. No expectations.

A rebuilding team that has no one to build anything with.