Minor League Catch-All Thread

santo=dorf

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 8, 2009 -> 11:09 AM)
Wow. Sweeney, Cunningham, Wing, Sisco, Gonzalez.... how many ex-Sox prospects are over there now?

Yeah. Seems like they're becoming "WhiteSox West". But I think Wing left the A's and signed with a Japanese team in the offseason.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 8, 2009 -> 11:09 AM)
Wow. Sweeney, Cunningham, Wing, Sisco, Gonzalez.... how many ex-Sox prospects are over there now?

There's more, Chris Carter, Casey Rogowski, Archie Gilbert, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
Steiny (NYC): Does Lance Broadway have good stuff?

SportsNation John Manuel: Compared to me, yes. Compared to major league starters, he's fringy, though his command is good enough to make it work. He's in the wrong organization; Ozzie G. liked his power arms. I do think Broadway can be a reliable No. 5 starter for a good team, just not for Ozzie Guillen.

John Manuel of BA there.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 18, 2009 -> 05:07 PM)
John Manuel of BA there.

Send that to every other team in baseball, and see if someone will trade for him. Just about anything will do. We already have a whole bunch of 5th starter type guys on the fringe of making it (Richard, Broadway, Egbert, Marquez, Cassel), more than the team can use. So let's see if we can get some value out of some of them that we won't use.

If Broadway goes back to Charlotte for a 3rd full season, his value will decline rapidly (unless he goes down there and absolutely destroys AAA hitters). He should be moved now, IF that is possible.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 23, 2009 -> 11:57 AM)
The Rays returned Derek Rodriguez to the Sox after taking him in the Rule V draft.

That's fine, just as long as the Orioles don't return Robert Valido. But, he was taken in the minor league phase, so I don't think the same rule applies.

Nice to see we got Rodriguez back. What is Charlotte's pen going to look like? Rodriguez, Link, Wassermann, Russell, Torres should all be there with Nunez possibly coming up later. I guess Jimenez too, maybe others. It's nice to know we'll have a few guys to choose from, including Egbert and Poreda out of the rotation, should we need some help.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Mar 29, 2009 -> 12:43 PM)
Who was that 1B we signed this spring out of independent ball? The one who used to be with the Angels?

Seth Loman. I'm not sure if he's still with the organization. I guess we'll find out as soon as the minor league rosters are set. My guess is he'll be with W-S.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 5, 2009 -> 10:27 AM)
The White Sox signed Jimmy Gobble for Charlotte. Released by KC and I believe Texas doesn't sound good on a pitcher's resume. Once highly thought of, now just hanging on by a thread.

I had suggested that when he was released.