Minor League Catch-All Thread

santo=dorf

How come we don't have one of these by now?

Went to the I-Cubs and Memphis Redbirds game tonight. Lots of Cards fans there. The stadium is really nice, better than Wrigley.

Rick Ankiel hit a bomb to RF off of Ryan O'Malley. He also took one deep to center but it was caught right at the wall. It's amazing how far this guy has come.

Troy Percival pitched the 8th with a 3 run lead. Gave up a lead off single to Ronny Cedeno, who stole second, and almost got tagged out after he wandered off the base dusting himself off not calling a time out. :bang

Percival had a couple of K's, and he was consistently around 89 MPH topping out at 91.

Cubs lose 4-1. :fthecubs

Edited by santo=dorf

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 15, 2007 -> 10:13 PM)

Went to the I-Cubs and Memphis Redbirds game tonight. Lots of Cards fans there. The stadium is really nice, better than Wrigley.

Aren't there at least 25,000 ballparks across the country (Major league, minor league, little league, college, high school, jr. high, grade school...) that are nicer than the Urinal?

:fthecubs

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 15, 2007 -> 11:13 PM)

Rick Ankiel hit a bomb to RF off of Ryan O'Malley. He also took one deep to center but it was caught right at the wall. It's amazing how far this guy has come.

Troy Percival pitched the 8th with a 3 run lead. Gave up a lead off single to Ronny Cedeno, who stole second, and almost got tagged out after he wandered off the base dusting himself off not calling a time out. :bang

Percival had a couple of K's, and he was consistently around 89 MPH topping out at 91.

Cubs lose 4-1. :fthecubs

Yeah, I was impressed by the stadium as well.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 17, 2007 -> 03:14 AM)
Didn't go to the game, but the I-Flubs lost again.

Rick FOCKING Ankiel hit 3 more home runs to increase his total to 19. :o :o :o

Ankiel has been tearing it up for Memphis this year. He's, hands down, the best player on the team. To think that he could be such a good, young pitcher (until his head got F'd up), and now be a really good position player is pretty awesome. Shows how good of an athlete that man is. I don't think he'll ever make it back to the bigs, but I wish he would b/c he's really a good guy and would be one of the better pitchers in the game right now if not for his mental breakdown after that one awful playoff game.

Edited by dasox24

I think Ankiel could make a pretty good bench player. Sure, his numbers are a bit inflated because he does play in the PCL, but he could provide a lefty bat off the bench with some pop and speed. It is ironic how as a pitcher, he walked everyone, but as a hitter, he never walks. Also, if the team ever needs a pitcher due to overwork or whatever, he'd be a good option to throw out there.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 05:16 PM)
Funny tidbit I heard this weekend....the Durham Bulls have told the D-Rays that Duke and Delmon Young aren't allowed to play for them again. Thus, if they have to go on rehab, they'll have to go elsewhere.

:lolhitting But isn't the major league club in control of the all the roster moves and managers and such?

Prior to the game the Knights signed Charlotte native and former Myers Park High School standout Jake Robbins. Robbins spent last season in the Cincinnati Reds organization with Louisville. The Knights also optioned infielder Kenny Perez to Double-A Birmingham.

Winston-Salem and Wilmington will square off in game two of this three-game set on Tuesday, June 25 at Ernie Shore Field. The Warthogs will send RHP Brian Omogrosso (3-2, 4.43) to the mound for his first professional start. The Blue Rocks will hand the ball to RHP Jason Godin (0-2, 7.64).

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 04:19 PM)
Prior to the game the Knights signed Charlotte native and former Myers Park High School standout Jake Robbins. Robbins spent last season in the Cincinnati Reds organization with Louisville. The Knights also optioned infielder Kenny Perez to Double-A Birmingham.

Apparently, Robbins and Andy Sisco are sharing the same jersey number.

• 2 weeks later...