I think I say this on behalf of most of the people here...

danman31

QUOTE(vandy125 @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 06:52 PM)
I'm going to have to disagree with you on this. Sure, people can and will react any way that they see fit, but there are things that are just plain wrong, and telling someone to "go to hell" is something that is just plain wrong. Why would you ever wish that on anyone? Think a bit about what you say.

to clarify, i don't think i'd ever think it was ok to tell someone to go to hell or whatever. but i think that has more to do with being a general a-wipe or not than being a good or bad fan. my point is more addressing going to games vs. not going to games, or venting/obsessing vs. tuning the team out. in reality, those are the choices that the great majority of fans have to make, not the great minority which post on internet message boards.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 11:59 AM)
to clarify, i don't think i'd ever think it was ok to tell someone to go to hell or whatever. but i think that has more to do with being a general a-wipe or not than being a good or bad fan. my point is more addressing going to games vs. not going to games, or venting/obsessing vs. tuning the team out. in reality, those are the choices that the great majority of fans have to make, not the great minority which post on internet message boards.

So perhaps its more accurate to say that people who vent/obsess are just immature, rather than bad fans?

QUOTE(WCSox @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 07:17 PM)
So perhaps its more accurate to say that people who vent/obsess are just immature, rather than bad fans?

It's BASEBALL! It's ENTERTAINMENT! It's not something that is going to have an effect on our daily lives, unless we obsess over it. Venting is one thing, obsessing is totally another realm.

I love sports, but I also realize its place in my life. Some people here don't. I think it's obvious.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 01:28 PM)
I think it would be inappropriate to post specific comments and actions. Sorry.

I understand why you won't get into details, but as another poster inquired, I too am curious about your connection to the Sox. You have been pretty adamant dispelling certain myths in the past such as Reinsdorf cheapness, why Rooney left, the whereabouts of Andy the Clown :P , etc. What makes you know so much?

BTW, while the teams from 1986-1989 were some of the worst in my lifetime, they paved the way for drafting the likes of Thomas, Ventura, McDowell and Fernandez as well as trading Baines for Alvarez, among others.

QUOTE(Beltin @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 03:07 PM)
BTW, while the teams from 1986-1989 were some of the worst in my lifetime, they paved the way for drafting the likes of Thomas, Ventura, McDowell and Fernandez as well as trading Baines for Alvarez, among others.

Please remember this when people are wondering why we didn't draft great players like Detroit or Minnesota. It takes 90+ losses in a season to get those high draft picks which Minnesota and Detroit had in abundance in the mid to late '90s.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 01:28 PM)
As for what I heard and saw, I think Pods sumed it up well on Saturday. As well, I think it would be inappropriate to post specific comments and actions. Sorry. Flame away..

Can we at least get a synopsis, without naming names?

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 03:22 PM)
Can we at least get a synopsis, without naming names?

I'd perfer not to. I've already seen some other big mouth on another site talk about the event I was at, and I don't want to risk ever being accused of repeating things and not being invited back. Sorry.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 03:26 PM)
I'd perfer not to. I've already seen some other big mouth on another site talk about the event I was at, and I don't want to risk ever being accused of repeating things and not being invited back. Sorry.

So can you tell us the site, thread and date? :D

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 03:40 PM)
Well, can we get some sort of idea about what was seen that would explain the team this year?

Seriously, Pods hit the nail on the head.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 03:39 PM)
www.hotsuburbanmoms.com

:P

Hmm.. I dunno if technically I qualify for that site just yet...

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 01:48 PM)
Seriously, Pods hit the nail on the head.

So it sounds like what's going on in the clubhouse is what goes on in a lot of offices in the "real world": The workers feel uninspired, care more about picking up their paycheck than their output, and sleepwalk through the work day.

Well if that's the case then that f***ing infuriates me. Then get the hell out. I'd rather take my chance with call-ups.

This reminds me of an alleged story last year floating around that before we were even out of it officially, players were making arrangements to get cars shipped out West/South, etc., and that sort of thing--as if they were prepared to go down.

Same idea, Steff?

Edited by LVSoxFan

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Go to hell White Sox.

The fans dont deserve this but I remind you that we knew it was coming.

The day that KW let Aaron Rowand go was the biggest mistake! He sold our soul and basically insinuated that anyone was expendable no matter what your contribution leading up to that point might have been. I must say that wouldnt motivate me or make me feel like we are building the sense of team.

Is it possible that KW felt threatened by someone like Aaron Rowand? I am starting to believe so.

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 02:03 AM)
The fans dont deserve this but I remind you that we knew it was coming.

The day that KW let Aaron Rowand go was the biggest mistake! He sold our soul and basically insinuated that anyone was expendable no matter what your contribution leading up to that point might have been. I must say that wouldnt motivate me or make me feel like we are building the sense of team.

Is it possible that KW felt threatened by someone like Aaron Rowand? I am starting to believe so.

If we're going by who contributed more to our World Series win, then letting Geoff Blum go was his biggest mistake. Blum >Rowand in the playoffs.

So it sounds like what's going on in the clubhouse is what goes on in a lot of offices in the "real world": The workers feel uninspired, care more about picking up their paycheck than their output, and sleepwalk through the work day.

Yeah but in the "real world" sometimes the workers feel that way because their bosses are clueless

idiots who have made billions because of the work of the peons.

p.s. Whatever did happen to andy the clown?

Seriously. Is he dead? Alive? What's the story

Apparently go to hell is an extremely strong statement. I don't feel a need to apologize because I don't need to defend how much of a fan I am to a bunch of people on a message board that I've never met before in my life. I just think it's great that a lot of people think it's such a big deal that I'm an a-wipe and stupid for saying such things. It's funny how I vented my displeasure about the 2007 team and people brought personal attacks (granted not harsh ones) on me. I just don't think it's someone's place to judge what kind of fan I am because I said 3 words on a message board. I mean, you all know me so well to make such a statement.

I was also amused at how some people were saying it doesn't matter how a fan conducts themselves in relation to the team's performance as long as they stay loyal and continue to pay attention to the team. Others basically said, it's their way or the highway. I guess we should look into a fan rule book because the rules are not clear, lol. Thanks for the mostly good discussion and entertainment and I'll keep not caring what a few people think of me as a fan!

You know what, I'm gonna just go ahead and support anything the White Sox put on the field. I'm tired of being negative becuase of how we've played for a month. The season is over, and as a younger Chi-Sox fan that's harder to swallow then some vets probably who have seen bad seasons. But the bottom line is, I've decided to not jump on a NL bandwagon I've proposed due to my MLB.TV subscription, but instead I'm gonna watch for the bright spots and learn to live through the bad times with the good. I'm cheering for our young players to succeed now- they are the only entertaining part of the club.

I have a chance to go to the Inidians at the Cell the 2nd weekof August for my firt Chi-Sox game in like 12-13 years (I have family in Chicago but have grown up in Rochester NY and usually have to see the Cubs when I rarely do visit- have only been to "New Comiskey Park" once). And I'm going to pursue that no matter what, because I still am in love with this ballcub.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 07:59 PM)
Yeah but in the "real world" sometimes the workers feel that way because their bosses are clueless

idiots who have made billions because of the work of the peons.

Most people's immediate supervisors are not billionaires. And you don't become a billionaire by being a clueless idiot.

QUOTE(WCSox @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 12:24 PM)
Paris Hilton's father is the billionaire and I seriously doubt that he's a clueless idiot. But of course being born into or marrying into money works as well.

Oh, he's an idiot also. It's the grampa that had the brain.