I think I say this on behalf of most of the people here...

danman31

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 04:18 PM)
Go Brewers! Thanks to everyone on the Sox who brought us 2005.

completely agree if there is any team I want to win now its the brewers. They play hard, there young and milwaukee is a great town and deserves a chance.

I think I too am going to be A Brewers fan the rest of the year I have tix for a game in Milwaukee next month and I am kinda fired up to go BTW I am seeing alot more Bears Avatars in the last week or so

Edited by chisoxfan79

Danman,

You do not speak on behalf of me... they may suck, but it's not like they've been s*** forever and haven't given us anything to cheer for in the past.

They'll have this ship righted and overhauled soon enough, until then, feel free to turn in your Sox Fan card and give it to a real fan.

Love,

Steve

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 06:00 PM)
Danman,

You do not speak on behalf of me... they may suck, but it's not like they've been s*** forever and haven't given us anything to cheer for in the past.

They'll have this ship righted and overhauled soon enough, until then, feel free to turn in your Sox Fan card and give it to a real fan.

Love,

Steve

Ditto.

I would love to see some of you kids deal with the crap of the 80's. I'm guessing a rise in suicides on the south side. Please don't come to the park anymore. I beg you. Your whining and complaining is ruining my entertainment experience.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 06:19 PM)
Ditto.

I would love to see some of you kids deal with the crap of the 80's. I'm guessing a rise in suicides on the south side. Please don't come to the park anymore. I beg you. Your whining and complaining is ruining my entertainment experience.

We can get a show for Jason in Chicago.....that'll give you some more entertainment.

I'm going to be pretty eager to go to some games once we get some new faces in these uniforms. Right now, I don't have the money to be wasting on watching all stars underperform. Once these trades are made, I'll be happy to pay and watch this new era start.

QUOTE(SnB @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 06:22 PM)
I'm going to be pretty eager to go to some games once we get some new faces in these uniforms. Right now, I don't have the money to be wasting on watching all stars underperform. Once these trades are made, I'll be happy to pay and watch this new era start.

Thank you for being mature about it and not calling folks who choose to continue supporting the team at this point "stupid".

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 06:23 PM)
Yeah since being angry at this team means I'm not a fan. Get off your high horse.

Be angry all you want. If you think those that choose to continue to support them also aren't then it's you that is stupid.

Yeah. I don't think Danman speaks for even most of us. Nobody here likes this team. It's impossible to like. There's nothing worth following sans the Starters and even that's iffy because for the most part we know what the results will be.

I understand why people wouldn't want to go to games (I don't have the money to spend on this team -- if I did, I'd still go, but I haven't gone to as many games as in the past and I probably won't go to too many for the rest of the year, either, but I will see a few later in the summer for sure).

I think it's time to look forward for the future, but it's hard to get FURIOUS with the White Sox. I'm upset with Williams, the players and the scouts, but I don't hate anyone, and definitely not the Chicago White Sox.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 04:17 PM)
Go to hell White Sox.

You definitely don't speak on my behalf. I'm pissed, to say the least. But "go to hell White Sox"? Sorry, still a fan. It's gonna have to get a lot worse than one crummy season to have me damning the whole organization to hell.

This really sucks, but I'm anxious for the next chapter. Go Sox! Things can only go up from here.

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 04:18 PM)
Dont you have to support your team through good times and bad??

When players and the team quit going out and playing their absolute, very best, I quit giving them my full support.

Still a Sox fan always and forever, but I have zero guilt nor do I feel like any less of a fan for going to way less games, turning the TV off or flipping the channel early, or sometimes not even watching a game even if I have the time.

The nice thing about being sports fan, for me, is that I can thoroughly enjoy the good times, but I can also turn the TV off and set my mind on other things during absolutely garbage times like this so that they're not completely ruining my days. I'm still following them, just not as closely. It's not fun to watch them anymore so I reserve the right to not watch as many games as I can and follow them daily like the past few seasons.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 06:27 PM)
If you think those that choose to continue to support them also aren't then it's you that is stupid.

You made those two things up out of thin air. I didn't say people aren't fans for still following this team. That statement makes zero sense and I never said anything remotely close to it. And why am I being called stupid?

I guess I should have said 2007 White Sox, but what's the difference. I enjoy watching a bunch of people arguing about how big of a fan they are. It's the dumbest argument ever and is a civil war. We are all on the same side. Who cares how some choose to root for their team? I'm just sick of watching this team 'play.'

I can't totally agree. I honestly think these guys are trying as hard as they can, but just aren't good enough. I DO say GO TO HELL KENNY WILLIAMS. He has put together this joke of a team, this joke of a farm system, has been a prick towards guys like Frank Thomas, and led us to 6 Octobers out of 7 at home. I could never hate this team, but I hate the losers running it that have put us in this spot. The entire scouting department needs to go.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 06:45 PM)
I can't totally agree. I honestly think these guys are trying as hard as they can, but just aren't good enough. I DO say GO TO HELL KENNY WILLIAMS. He has put together this joke of a team, this joke of a farm system, has been a prick towards guys like Frank Thomas, and led us to 6 Octobers out of 7 at home. I could never hate this team, but I hate the losers running it that have put us in this spot. The entire scouting department needs to go.

Yeah, f*** KW for not realizing that damn near every member of our starting lineup would regress in dramatic fashion.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 06:45 PM)
has been a prick towards guys like Frank Thomas,

Cause Frank did nothing to warrant it, whatever.

And this years team has quit, I'm sorry but everyone knows it, it's not a very good club to begin with but they've definitely thrown in the towel. I AM an immature asshole when it comes to sports, so this years team can indeed go to hell.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 06:46 PM)
Yeah, f*** KW for not realizing that damn near every member of our starting lineup would regress in dramatic fashion.

He said to trust him and emphasized how we had fixed the bullpen this offseason. In reality, we have the fewest wins in baseball, the worst bullpen* in baseball, and the worst offense in baseball. While nobody could have seen our offense being THIS bad, everybody knew Crede had a career year last year, everybody knew Dye had a career year last year, everybody knew Pods and Erstad would get hurt, that Uribe can't hit, that A.J. has turned into a homer or nothing player, and that our bench and OF in general suck. There are very few excuses for KW right now.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 06:40 PM)
You made those two things up out of thin air. I didn't say people aren't fans for still following this team. That statement makes zero sense and I never said anything remotely close to it. And why am I being called stupid?

I guess I should have said 2007 White Sox, but what's the difference. I enjoy watching a bunch of people arguing about how big of a fan they are. It's the dumbest argument ever and is a civil war. We are all on the same side. Who cares how some choose to root for their team? I'm just sick of watching this team 'play.'

I didn't say you did.

I called you stupid because you seem to think that those who aren't displaying some sort of mob mentality aren't mad.

I don't see anyone arguing with you about how big a fan you are. I think your initial post is crystal clear on your feelings towards the White Sox.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 06:47 PM)

And this years team has quit, I'm sorry but everyone knows it, it's not a very good club to begin with but they've definitely thrown in the towel. I AM an immature asshole when it comes to sports, so this years team can indeed go to hell.

If this team has quit, the manager can do out the same door the GM can. And you can for sure make a case they did quit, I will give ya that.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 07:45 PM)

Dude, you were right there with him on the Frank thing. Way to pull a Mariotti.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 06:47 PM)

I had forgiven a debt... I think I am reinstating it and charging back interest now. ;)

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 06:52 PM)
I had forgiven a debt... I think I am reinstating it and charging back interest now. ;)

LOL, I haven't seen you at a game in forever, if you want to give me a mailing address, I'd send you a check in a heartbeat.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 06:52 PM)
Dude, you were right there with him on the Frank thing. Way to pull a Mariotti.

I made a lot of mistakes after we won it all, such as thinking KW and Ozzie had a clue what they were doing and being with KW in arguments with players. I admit being blinded by the ring and flip flopping here, but there were a lot of people fooled by this farce of a GM/manager combo after 2005.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 06:53 PM)
LOL, I haven't seen you at a game in forever, if you want to give me a mailing address, I'd send you a check in a heartbeat.

If I wanted it, I would have gotten it. You had a good time. That's all that matters. :cheers