Buehrle Fest

DBAHO

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 08:06 AM)
Holy s***...4 years 50 million would be an absolute bargain.

+1,000,000

If it's true, I'm purchasing a Buehrle jersey immediately.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 08:06 AM)
I hate to rain on this parade, but I'd be VERY skeptical of this. That's all.

Absolutely

Edited by WCSox

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is true, I am chalking this up to mark being a good guy and not a super greedy bastard like everyone else and not really giving tons of credit to KW although I guess he deserves some credit for standing by his word....reminds me of the story when Cotts dropped Buerhle off on the side of the highway in Southern IL while waiting for his ride (maybe someone can post that story becuase it is great).

It's interesting that Levine hasn't broken in yet, he's usually on top of anything involving the Chicago teams. He had all the details of the failed Jaque Jones deal before anyone else.

It would be pretty funny if the ST article was just a ploy, the Score got some bad info and KW is about to deal Buehrle away before his start tonight.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 10:03 AM)
You know what I hate during these situations: when numerous media outlets jump on one article in the paper, and then they all report it in different ways. However, I'd assume that the Score has their own people getting information, and that would be good news. Even though I said before that I'm doubtful things are as close as Cowley reported, I'd be thrilled beyond belief if they signed him. As someone just mentioned, this would be a great sign that we're still serious about fielding a competitive team for the next few years.

I think the Score is just jumping on this story without any new information....but they can report anything and who can really doubt it ? It's an easy win for them....they can claim that they have the story too.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 03:15 PM)
It's interesting that Levine hasn't broken in yet, he's usually on top of anything involving the Chicago teams. He had all the details of the failed Jaque Jones deal before anyone else.

It would be pretty funny if the ST article was just a ploy, the Score got some bad info and KW is about to deal Buehrle away before his start tonight.

I'm telling you, something doesn't smell right about this.

Hey, I could be wrong, but this is almost TOO GOOD of a deal.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 08:11 AM)
I was thinking they'd go to 4 years, but raise the price (like how Dodgers did it with Furcal). If 4/50 is true, that's an amazing deal.

And FWIW, the information I was talking about was that 3 different minor league scouts reported this morning that they asked their teams specifically about whether or not they should continue to scout players for the possibility of Buehrle being traded, and they were told that they absolutely should, and that the ST article was bogus.

Well I don't know how the Gm's would have that much information on the situation (considering how quickly it was going) but obviously the scouts would continue to scout because Buehrle would either sign or eventually make his way back on the market.

Just my two cents though.

Buehrle is awesome if he really agreed to this deal! Talking about being loyal to our team! This is the best news since the World Series! I'm looking forward to seeing Buehrle pitch on the South Side for years to come!

Here's to you Buehrle! :cheers :drink

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 10:15 AM)

The Score & bad info have teamed up many times

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 10:14 AM)
I'm so freaking happy I could almost cry

Haha, I was just about to make a post about how I'm nearly welling up in my cube right now. Hopefully this is all true, and it's just another example of why we love Mark so much. In the grand scheme of things, he's still a very rich man. All I can say now is please be true.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 11:19 AM)

I really don't like the way Mulligan and Hanley are talking right now. They continue to repeat themselves saying it's not quite a done deal and that "sources" (ick) are telling them it's close/done. I could see KW dealing him away in the next few hours and totally killing this buzz the Score has sent through the fanbase.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 03:19 PM)

Ugh...just 5 minute ago, I was much more confident.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 03:21 PM)
I am waiting for someone in the Sox camp or multiple media outlets to start reporting this. Levine...get off your ass and back it up. I'd be much more comfortable if that was the case.

I think someone is trying to be a hero on a scoop, and will be dead freaking wrong. If that's the case, you people should raid the score. :D

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 08:19 AM)

That's exactly what I'm thinking. Not that Mark is greedy or anything, but 4/50 is ridiculously cheap for a pitcher of his caliber. There has to be a ton of incentives, a boatload of perks (perhaps including tarp-sliding clause?), and a massive buyout for this to be believable.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 03:23 PM)
I think someone is trying to be a hero on a scoop, and will be dead freaking wrong. If that's the case, you people should raid the score. :D

Yes, but not even an idiot would suggest 4/50.

Whether the deal is done or nearly done is neither here nor there.

The REAL story out of all these reports is that the White Sox and Buehrle are once again sitting down and negotiating. That is the real story.

This is a postitive and must be intrepreted as such. Very encouraging.