White Sox vs. Orioles, 7/02/07 (L)

chisox72

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 09:53 PM)
Does anyone think Bobby doesn't miss the 98-100 mph gas?

Well in the last two off seasons, he has been quoted about getting in shape, and doing some weight lifting. If he is doing anything up top, benching or such he needs to cut it. You can really mess up your velocity by doing heavy lifting.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If he were willing to accept such a role, I'd love to have Corey Patterson coming off the bench as the 4th OF/speed off the bench guy. He's only 27 years old, great defensively, great speed, very good basestealer and he's having a pretty terrible year so he could be signed at a very reasonable price despite his immense talent.

Corey Patterson has always been awful and I believe is represented by Boras.

Bukvich and Jenks turn it into a clusterf*** (BTW, I've not been a Jenks fan since he pretty much lost his velocity and effectiveness. The fact he's now an "All-Star" actually makes me chuckle a bit).

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 09:56 PM)
Well in the last two off seasons, he has been quoted about getting in shape, and doing some weight lifting. If he is doing anything up top, benching or such he needs to cut it. You can really mess up your velocity by doing heavy lifting.

Shouldn't the team be monitoring his every move? What ever happened to Allen Thomas?

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 09:57 PM)
Bukvich and Jenks turn it into a clusterf*** (BTW, I've not been a Jenks fan since he pretty much lost his velocity and effectiveness. The fact he's now an "All-Star" actually makes me chuckle a bit).

totally especially since hes been one of the best closers in the league this season. But yeah, good point

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 3, 2007 -> 02:54 AM)
The confrontation with Bagwell in the WS was epic. He was just throwing gas.

It's the closest thing you'll ever see to a Ricky Vaughn impersonation from the last batter in Major League.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 09:57 PM)
Corey Patterson has always been awful and I believe is represented by Boras.

He is represented by Boras, which is why the Sox probably won't even talk to Patterson but I'd still love for it to happen.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 09:57 PM)

bloop double, seeing eye single past a no ranged gooch. and a ball that an infielder who is playing a outfielder didnt read and let play him. Now lets stop acting like Jenks was getting rocked with screaming line drives.