White Sox vs. Orioles, 7/02/07 (L)

chisox72

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish I could be there to see one of Mark's last Sox starts. Bet he'll get a huge ovation.

Time to continue our run and close out the first half on a positive note.

QUOTE(SoxPride56 @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 11:55 AM)
I'll be there, and will be giving Mark a standing O tonight! For anyone that is going to the game we need to get a resign Buehrle chant going like there was for Paulie during the parade!!!

I'll be there tonite and i'll also contribute to the ovation. This could turn out to be a very emotional night for Buerhle and the Sox.

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 01:50 PM)
Got back from KC last night around 1. LEt's get 3 in a row.

3 in a row will be tough. Sox can't hit 1. guys who throw hard and 2. lefties. Bedard is both :huh:

Let's get a W

Hopefully we hit Bedard better than we did last year in the July 4th Baltimore home stand. It was Fastball Freddy vs. Bedard. Bedard was hitting 94 on the cell gun, and Freddy was pounding the zone at 86-88.

QUOTE(iamshack @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 01:29 PM)
Anyone heard about any roster moves? Dye going on the DL? Sweeney coming up? Anything?

nope... Ozzie and KW like having 24 man rosters especially when a lot of players don't even deserve to be on the 25.

Dye says he's ready to play, but Ozzie isn't so sure (per rotoworld):

Jermaine Dye told manager Ozzie Guillen he'll be ready to play Monday, but Guillen said he would need to talk more with Dye before making a decision.

Dye has missed the last nine games with a strained quad. AL-only leaguers should probably take a chance on him this week, but mixed leaguers need to look elsewhere.

Podsednik is day-by-day (per roto):

Scott Podsednik will miss at least Monday's game after leaving today with a strained left rib-cage muscle.

"It's the rib cage, so I don't know. Those things can take a little while," manager Ozzie Guillen said. "We're going to see when we get to Chicago and the doctor sees him and how he feels. It's day-by-day." Luis Terrero will likely start in his place tomorrow.

Hey, with Dye and Pods both likely to be out, our roster size will be down to 23!

Erstad isn't making much progress either (per roto once again):

Darin Erstad described his recovery from an ankle injury as "stuck" Sunday, saying that "it feels better, but it's not better."

Erstad is eligible to come off the disabled list Sunday, but isn't expected back until at least the middle of the month.

Edited by BearSox

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 01:50 PM)
Got back from KC last night around 1. LEt's get 3 in a row.

3 in a row will be tough. Sox can't hit 1. guys who throw hard and 2. lefties. Bedard is both :huh:

Let's get a W

So what were your thoughts on KC...I was very impressed with their fans... they get behind them during the game and stay positive even though they have had a losing record in 22 of the last 23 months...

I was at that Bedard game last July 3rd or 4th...Dye hit a HR in the 2nd and that was it...

Give Buehrle a standing O for me, the family and I are still in Kansas City

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 04:05 PM)
Tonight's Lineup

Gonzo, LF; Iguchi, 2B; Thome, DH; PK, 1B; AJ, C; Dye, RF; Fields, 3B; Terrero, CF; Uribe, SS. Buehrle pitching.

Expect Scott P to head to the DL tomorrow with Jerry Owens taking his place. That song and dance is getting old.

really?? isn't there anyone else to call up? I'd like to see Sweeney again before Owens.

I'd actually like to see Podsednik DFA'd and Thomas Collaro promoted to start in LF. He'll never be anywhere near a starter in the bigs and will probably be a comatose man's Russell Branyan (less power, more K's, WAY less plate discipline) but since the season is already lost why not have some fun.

Our biggest free agent acquisition sits yet again.

I guess a career line of 440 .462 .560 1.022 in 25 at bats against Bedard isn't good enough. To be fair AJ is 3-5 with 3 singles, but Thome has a career line of 250/.308/.250/.558

against Bedard

Edited by santo=dorf

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 11:50 PM)
Our biggest free agent acquisition sits yet again.

I guess a career line of 440 .462 .560 1.022 in 25 at bats against Bedard isn't good enough. To be fair AJ is 3-5 with 3 singles, but Thome has a career line of 250/.308/.250/.558

against Bedard

Two years ago, I was begging KW to acquire Mackowiak. Last offseason, I wanted him to get Toby Hall. Both years, I was extremely disappointed in the way that Ozzie used the player. Like you said in another thread, I have no idea why he keeps playing Thome every single day. Give the big man a rest....it's not like he's on fire or is good against LHP.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have no idea why he keeps playing Thome every single day. Give the big man a rest....it's not like he's on fire or is good against LHP.

Because he can draw walks. No one else on the team appears capable of doing it. It's Bedard, they aren't likely to get many baserunners.

QUOTE(29thandPoplar @ Jul 3, 2007 -> 12:02 AM)
Because he can draw walks. No one else on the team appears capable of doing it. It's Bedard, they aren't likely to get many baserunners.

Someone needs to tell Thome that we need him to be more aggressive. Walks or great and all when you have a talented lineup, but when it's you, Konerko, and minor leaguers, you need to step it up.

QUOTE(29thandPoplar @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hall is a better option than Thome against Bedard. Just for the fact of how much Jim struggles with LHP and Hall's familiarity with Bedard and strong success against him.

Edited by santo=dorf

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hall is a better option than Thome against Bedard. Just for the fact of how much Jim struggles with LHP and Hall's familiarity with Bedard and strong success against him.

Can't disagree with you on that. Thome gets on base though, the White Sox usually end up getting, what, 5-6 hits vs. Bedard? Put Hall in for Pierzynski, he's a catcher. No wait, the Orioles have Brian Roberts and Hall can't throw. I am just saying why Guillen is doing what he's doing.

QUOTE(29thandPoplar @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 07:07 PM)
Can't disagree with you on that. Thome gets on base though, the White Sox usually end up getting, what, 5-6 hits vs. Bedard? Put Hall in for Pierzynski, he's a catcher. No wait, the Orioles have Brian Roberts and Hall can't throw. I am just saying why Guillen is doing what he's doing.

AJ can't throw either. If Hall plays, Buerhle is a good one for him to catch because of his move. I think Toby would be in the line-up if he had a hit the last month or so. Of course it is hard to hit getting 2 ABs a week.