White Sox vs. Orioles, 7/04/07 (L)

WSoxMatt

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(diegotony06 @ Jul 5, 2007 -> 12:54 AM)
Does anyone thinkthat JC would at least have a little more success in the NL. I am praying some team takes a chance on him and trades for him. I want to get rid of this contract!!

There's no way you get another team to take on his whole contract right now, and there's no way you'll get anything useful in return. We might have to take on a bad contract if we really feel like he's never going to help us again.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 4, 2007 -> 07:56 PM)
There's no way you get another team to take on his whole contract right now, and there's no way you'll get anything useful in return. We might have to take on a bad contract if we really feel like he's never going to help us again.

I wouldn't expect anything back for him at all. I'm just thinking the Mets might take a chance on him. Well let's say I guess I am hoping the Mets take a chance on him and reuniting him with El Duque

This is where the offense won't get another hit the rest of the game. We suck against opposing teams bullpens. I wish we could face our own, I am curious to see how they would fare against our hitters. Probably shut them down!!!

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jul 4, 2007 -> 07:58 PM)
Well lets see, now the Mets will give us a big bowl of dog snot for Contrares. Great. That's down only from a game expired New York subway tokens.

Atleast we'll have Crede and Dye to trade.

Oh....

I am so anxious to see how KW is gonna possibly improve this team next year. What possibly canhe do?? Nobody is gonna give you s*** for JC. Do you trade JV?? JG?? MB?? I mean how the hell are we gonna get some young talent into this Org.?? I just don't see many of our players having any kind of trade value, except for JG, MB, and possibly JV. Dye isn't worth a damn. Thome??

QUOTE(diegotony06 @ Jul 4, 2007 -> 08:22 PM)
I am so anxious to see how KW is gonna possibly improve this team next year. What possibly canhe do?? Nobody is gonna give you s*** for JC. Do you trade JV?? JG?? MB?? I mean how the hell are we gonna get some young talent into this Org.?? I just don't see many of our players having any kind of trade value, except for JG, MB, and possibly JV. Dye isn't worth a damn. Thome??

The draft.

Aside from the draft, this is why I continually mention that our international scouting must improve. Quickly. Otherwise, Williams better receive stellar packages for any player traded; Dye or not. Improbable as it may be, it's just what he has to do to improve the collection of talent within the system. I'm not giving him any sympathy.

People may not want to hear it, but realistically, one of Buehrle or Garland has to be traded. Otherwise, better identify raw talent in the lower levels of another ballclub. Thome may be another option, but the problem is finding his replacement. Atleast the pitching within the system has some hope of achieving success.

The problem I've identified with Williams is he's more willing to trade someone a year too late rather than a year too early. And yes, I understand we've been in contention and certain players you couldn't expect a dropoff (such as Dye). I sincerely hope he understands the competitors within the division are more talented, and more likely to contend for a championship 08 and byeond.

This belief I've held of dealing now rather than later is why I've been a proponent of dealing Jenks. We're not in a good position these next several seasons to compete. Somehow, someway, things need to improve. People with value will need to be dealt unless Williams comes up with a few shrewd moves.

Logan. Thornton.

Neither is someone you'd rebuild a team around. Either (or both) would bring great value in return.

QUOTE(logic101 @ Jul 5, 2007 -> 01:41 AM)
Logan. Thornton.

Neither is someone you'd rebuild a team around. Either (or both) would bring great value in return.

Actually, those are the two guys in the pen we should keep.

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Jul 5, 2007 -> 01:45 AM)
Is it just me, or does this game feel like the longest of the season?

It looks like these guys would rather be anywhere else but here.

It's fine, after hearing just glowing reports about Pedro Alvarez at the Team USA game today, I have no problem with the Sox losing.