Mark Buehrle Agrees to 4-yr, 56 mil with escalator clause

Brian

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This would have been a disaster if they didn't resign him. Thank God Almighty as the Sox management does actually appear to have some common sense.

MB is a guy who we will be talking about extending 2-3 yrs from now as well, I think he will be a 220+ game winner, good move.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 03:41 PM)
Keep Garland, get rid of Jose, por favor.

I doubt he'll be willing to sign a deal in the White Sox price Range. I can't see him taking a discount similar to the one Buehrle took and I can't see the Sox agreeing to a 5 year $70M+ deal like he'll be looking for.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 03:43 PM)
I'M WRONG, I'M AN IDIOT, EVERYBODY MAKE FUN OF ME, I DON'T CARE!!!

THANK GOD we kept Mark, this had to be done. That makes my f***ing week. Thanks for taking the discount, #56.

:D

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 08:42 PM)
Ohh thank god

;)

Not quite sure why I'm being singled-out here. I've wanted them to sign him, but after what we read yesterday, it didn't seem like he was in the plans. I'm thrilled for reasons on and off the field, and it immediately makes our future for the next 5 years better.

QUOTE(Nokona @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 03:43 PM)
So what was going down when MB hugged Danks, Jon, and Ozzie?

Buehrle is quite the jokester! He did the same thing earlier this week when he cleaned out his locker!

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 08:45 PM)
I figured you would go into convulsions after this happened, you had all of your prospects laid out and ready to join the organization

Ah, I see....even though I've been the one who's been telling people that the expected packages are unrealistic.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2929809

The White Sox ace agreed to a four-year, $56 million contract with Chicago on Sunday, taking the most attractive pitcher on the rumor mill off the market. The contract includes an escalator clause that could make the deal worth $75 million over five years if he is traded.