Mark Buehrle Agrees to 4-yr, 56 mil with escalator clause

Brian

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 03:07 PM)
Let me say this there is no doubt garland goes now, along with Contraras, I am one that didn't really care if they signed buerhle and still don't but this means others will not get signed and will put a crimp in what we spend in the offseason. The payroll will stay the same as this year so again math needs to be done.

Now for those who slammed JR and KW. For all the people swearing on the board and cussing at sox management please put some mustard on those crap sandwiches your about to eat. He gave you teenagers what you wanted, I hope a million dollars a win is good enough, and please try to get to the park more often to spend your macdonalds money OH AND MAKE SURE YOU STRAIGHTEN YOUR NAME TAGS.

Wow, you are just a bitter, bitter old man, aren't you?

Regardless of what happens, the White Sox have been getting guys to stay. Konerko, Mark, and even Javy took less money to stay with the Sox. Maybe Garland will go, or maybe he will be willing to take less, but regardless the Whtie Sox have shown they will atleast make some what reasonable offers.

Buerhle showed he wanted to be a White Sox, and that is the type of player I dont mind if management takes a risk spending money on.

My guess is that they move Contreras if they can get anything for him.

Edited by Soxbadger

Ah yes, another vintage Jerry Reinsdorf hardcore negotiation is in the books. To those who said it was too close not to happen, kudos. :cheers The team knew they could cave at anytime, and really not give up that much more, and they got away with it as usual.

Welcome to being a legend in Chicago Mark :cheers

Also the line for Kenny Williams apolgies starts here---> :booty:

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 04:07 PM)
He gave you teenagers what you wanted, I hope a million dollars a win is good enough, and please try to get to the park more often to spend your macdonalds money OH AND MAKE SURE YOU STRAIGHTEN YOUR NAME TAGS.

Are you f***ing serious?

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 04:12 PM)
Your so accountable

I admitted I was wrong, do you want me to kiss your old ass too? Quit being a grump and b****ing and be happy something good happened. Nobody is going to give you any credit for your internet brilliance, ask your imaginary friends to do it if that's what you want.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 04:13 PM)
Ah yes, another vintage Jerry Reinsdorf hardcore negotiation is in the books. To those who said it was too close not to happen, kudos. :cheers The team knew they could cave at anytime, and really not give up that much more, and they got away with it as usual.

I apologize for calling JR a cheap bastard. KW has a long way to go to get an apology, mainly having an organization that isn't bereft of overall talent.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 04:12 PM)
Wow, you are just a bitter, bitter old man, aren't you?

I am as old as you! and I am not bitter at all. I really could care less, but if you look back on this thread I saw so many people swearing at sox management and the moderators letting everything go. Now management does what everyone seemed to have wanted. I just thought I would call it out. Quite frankly having buerhle on or off the team means nothing to me, like i have said before the team needs to be competitive and win. Right now they are not winning.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 09:15 PM)
I apologize for calling JR a cheap bastard. KW has a long way to go to get an apology, mainly having an organization that isn't bereft of overall talent.

For both our sakes let's hope KW found something in Richar. Having cheap options at two spots in the infield gives Kenny a lot of flexibility in going after an OFer this winter (I'm talking, of course, about the man in your sig).

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 04:13 PM)

Yes my point exactly and once again nicely put.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 03:16 PM)
I am as old as you! and I am not bitter at all. I really could care less, but if you look back on this thread I saw so many people swearing at sox management and the moderators letting everything go. Now management does what everyone seemed to have wanted. I just thought I would call it out. Quite frankly having buerhle on or off the team means nothing to me, like i have said before the team needs to be competitive and win. Right now they are not winning.

You're 22? I apologize.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 04:19 PM)
You try to talk on the internet with your Depends™ full of poop and see how grumpy and bitter you are.

right I forgot how smart you are.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 04:19 PM)
You try to talk on the internet with your Depends™ full of poop and see how grumpy and bitter you are.

Oh that reminds me I need to go and change, but thankfully I have you to remind me. Your so good.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 05:07 PM)
Let me say this there is no doubt garland goes now, along with Contraras, I am one that didn't really care if they signed buerhle and still don't but this means others will not get signed and will put a crimp in what we spend in the offseason. The payroll will stay the same as this year so again math needs to be done.

Now for those who slammed JR and KW. For all the people swearing on the board and cussing at sox management please put some mustard on those crap sandwiches your about to eat. He gave you teenagers what you wanted, I hope a million dollars a win is good enough, and please try to get to the park more often to spend your macdonalds money OH AND MAKE SURE YOU STRAIGHTEN YOUR NAME TAGS.

If you think people are acting immature, perhaps you should start by setting an example.

KW and Minaya are sitting next to each other at the Futures game.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 09:27 PM)
or garland.

If it happens, that would be fine. However, I don't see them trading Garland on the day they bring back Buehrle.

KW is talking on espn2 right now.

QUOTE(Linnwood @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 04:27 PM)
If you think people are acting immature, perhaps you should start by setting an example.

I agree, i just read about 1000 posts with all kinds of garbage language despite the moderators plea to stop this nonsense. That said its their board, but I try to refrain from the language and may spin things differently and many times fall to level of a teenager. keeps me young.