Official Recruiting Thread II

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Aug 25, 2014 -> 10:01 PM)
It's never going to happen but I don't even know what I would do if Evans, Brunson, and Thomas went to Illinois. I would probably paint everything I own orange. Everything.

Now that I got that out of the way, feeling really good about getting one of Brunson/Evans and being stoked about finally getting our PG of the future.

I'll come help you paint if you come help me paint.

I'm hoping for the best and bracing for the worst. Just hope to land one of them, and hopefully one of the other targets. Hell even just one of those guys is enough at this point, I won't get greedy in case the recruiting Gods are reading this.

Also I s*** you not, I had a dream last night about Brunson's visit. Nothing concrete happened (and I woke up early from it), but I woke up confused as hell.

Edited by IlliniKrush

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Aug 25, 2014 -> 10:04 PM)

I'm hoping for the best and bracing for the worst. Just hope to land one of them, and hopefully one of the other targets. Hell even just one of those guys is enough at this point, I won't get greedy in case the recruiting Gods are reading this.

Also I s*** you not, I had a dream last night about Brunson's visit. Nothing concrete happened (and I woke up early from it), but I woke up confused as hell.

Deal.

Yea, I'm all about getting a PG at this point. Anything after that is just gravy (do think we need to get a PF/C type guy, but there's a big gap between that need and PG). It sounds like things have cooled with Sharma, which is too bad because I think that means we are down to Moore/Thomas/Bragg in terms of big guys. And plan D is Morrow, who I wouldn't mind at all if we land Brunson or Evans.

I would still be dancing around my apartment if we get:

Brunson/Evans

Jordan

DJ Williams

Shamet

Morrow

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Aug 25, 2014 -> 10:01 PM)
It's never going to happen but I don't even know what I would do if Evans, Brunson, and Thomas went to Illinois. I would probably paint everything I own orange. Everything.

Now that I got that out of the way, feeling really good about getting one of Brunson/Evans and being stoked about finally getting our PG of the future.

You own stuff that isn't already orange? Between my Illini and Bears fandom, there is very little non-orange in my closet.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 25, 2014 -> 10:12 PM)
You own stuff that isn't already orange? Between my Illini and Bears fandom, there is very little non-orange in my closet.

Car, couch, desk, dresser, etc.

And I have a surprisingly low amount of orange in my closet, I love the color but as a big guy it doesn't look great on me.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Aug 25, 2014 -> 10:11 PM)
Deal.

Yea, I'm all about getting a PG at this point. Anything after that is just gravy (do think we need to get a PF/C type guy, but there's a big gap between that need and PG). It sounds like things have cooled with Sharma, which is too bad because I think that means we are down to Moore/Thomas/Bragg in terms of big guys. And plan D is Morrow, who I wouldn't mind at all if we land Brunson or Evans.

I would still be dancing around my apartment if we get:

Brunson/Evans

Jordan

DJ Williams

Shamet

Morrow

Has Illinois offered Morrow? I love him but maybe a tad undersized for PF despite playing like he's 7 feet.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 26, 2014 -> 05:20 AM)
Has Illinois offered Morrow? I love him but maybe a tad undersized for PF despite playing like he's 7 feet.

We have not, there have been some rumors that there is interest on both sides so if he's willing to wait he very well could end up with an offer.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Aug 25, 2014 -> 10:04 PM)

I'm expecting the worst. I'm too beaten down these days to get excited about recruiting/free agency.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Aug 26, 2014 -> 09:14 AM)
We have not, there have been some rumors that there is interest on both sides so if he's willing to wait he very well could end up with an offer.

I like Morrow, but he's a little redundant with Black already on the roster, IMO.

QUOTE (gatnom @ Aug 26, 2014 -> 11:49 AM)
I like Morrow, but he's a little redundant with Black already on the roster, IMO.

Agreed, which is why he is plan D (Thomas/Moore/Bragg), but I don't think we can afford to completely strike out on all big men targets for depth reasons going forward. He isn't ideal with our current roster, but he would still be a good addition.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 29, 2014 -> 08:30 AM)
Dee needs to become an assistant coach as soon as he hangs em up.

I completely agree.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 29, 2014 -> 08:47 AM)
Is he still trying to make it overseas?

Yes.

Also, Rick Brunson (Jalen's dad) said if Jalen feels comfortable with the school, he'll pull the trigger and commit. That came out 2 days ago. I like what I'm hearing right before the official. Illinois is in this thing.

Illinois is in it, I just don't expect him to make any decision for a few weeks.

Doesn't mean I won't be hoping for the surprise, but I don't think it's any sort of negative if he leaves without a commitment. Still means they are in it as long as the visit goes well.

I'm not expecting any commitment this weekend but wouldn't be shocked, it's pretty clear that if Brunson finds the place he is comfortable at then he'll commit. That said, I think he wants to see MSU/Nova before committing.