Official Recruiting Thread II

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 5, 2014 -> 12:12 AM)
I absolutely love Groce, as if you didn't know that already from the college ball thread the past 2 years. I know he hasn't "accomplished anything" yet but I'm behind him 100%. Maybe I'll be totally wrong on it but I think he's the guy to bring this program back to where it was/should be.

One of these recruits here is going to hit, just has to, and off we go.

It was a blessing in disguise, IMO, that Smart nor Stevens came here.

Look at the interested recruits, its plain as day to everyone. Its mentioned all the time on our board. They still want to bribe him to come back when Thad's health gets worse although insiders have said Sean Miller would be interested in coming back (I dont get that).

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 5, 2014 -> 12:17 AM)
Look at the interested recruits, its plain as day to everyone. Its mentioned all the time on our board. They still want to bribe him to come back when Thad's health gets worse although insiders have said Sean Miller would be interested in coming back (I dont get that).

You stay the f*** away :angry:

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 5, 2014 -> 12:17 AM)

Yeah, Ohio State is a great job, but I can't see Miller leaving Zona for anything other than a team like UK, UNC, or Duke. I also can't see Groce leaving Illinois for another B1G school unless something goes wrong.

My hope is Evans commits this weekend and Thomas commits in 2 weeks. Doesn't sound like Evans' trip to USC went all that well (describing it as "pretty good.") and I just can't see either of them pulling the trigger on OK State.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 5, 2014 -> 11:24 AM)
My hope is Evans commits this weekend and Thomas commits in 2 weeks. Doesn't sound like Evans' trip to USC went all that well (describing it as "pretty good.") and I just can't see either of them pulling the trigger on OK State.

I agree, I don't think Evans lasts until his visit with OSU. I really think he commits this weekend.

When I was being recruited for baseball, I had one coach that really went negative. He also said "if [school X] wants you, though, you'd be crazy to go here and not there." So I realized he was indeed probably an asshole, but was also trying to just shoot straight with me. It's all about delivery when it comes to recruiting. My exposure to it tells me that you can often get the recruit to tell you what's bad about their other schools and when you hammer that point (not by talking about it explicitly, but emphasizing how your school does that exact thing well), the kid connects the dots. Them or the parents, that is.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 5, 2014 -> 03:10 PM)
Brunson committed on his visit. I'm guessing it's only not public because his father rescinded it.

No chance.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 5, 2014 -> 04:03 PM)
Where did those rumors come from? I don't see anything on the boards, although it could be buried.

I'm on the boards and have seen nothing of it. Posters have been dropping hints that they have heard Illinois should be getting one of Brunson or Evans. And another just dropped a hint of Bragg.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 5, 2014 -> 04:33 PM)
It would've leaked by someone if he did.

Easily.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 5, 2014 -> 08:14 PM)
Oh I just meant I didn't know if what I heard was on any of the forums. Used to be religious following recruiting until black Friday last year burned me out. Honestly thought we had about a 0% chance on Brunson until last Saturday

So you have some sort of source, but this hasn't been out anywhere?

And you're saying Jalen said I'm in, and his Dad said no, you're not? Where does that leave it now?

Ryan Baker @RyanBakerSports · 44m

It could be a VERY good morning for @JohnGroce & @IlliniHoops with Jawun Evans @Hungry_humble0 #Illini

Ryan Baker @RyanBakerSports · 27m

Tough decision for #IlliniHoops to make with in-state star Jalen Brunson still hanging & Jawun Evans ready to bite.