Official Recruiting Thread II

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (gatnom @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 01:13 PM)
With the timing, smart money would seem to be on Villanova. However, I'm with Henricksen: everybody is in the dark with this recruitment, so who knows exactly what Jalen is going to do?

A couple people at the school know now. Not trying to be cool guy with a "source" but it's Nova.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 01:17 PM)
Well if it makes you feel any better, my optimism for mizzou basketball recruiting under Anderson from August 1st to now has fallen off a cliff.

Why's that? I was impressed you guys got MGC.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 01:32 PM)
I wasn't. They hired his prep school coach to get him.

True, but they still got him and aren't they on the PF from there now as well? If you get them to commit/sign, it doesn't matter what the connection was.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 06:30 PM)
Why's that? I was impressed you guys got MGC.

AFter missing out on Whitt and Blakeney they jumped at the chance to offer two in-state 3* guards which, I have to believe, would have been available to offer late. If Thomas Bryant doesn't sign, we are very, very thin frontcourt moving forward.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 01:39 PM)
True, but they still got him and aren't they on the PF from there now as well? If you get them to commit/sign, it doesn't matter what the connection was.

It was a good move and they may be able to land another player or two from Huntington before that well starts to dry up. It just doesn't say anything about Anderson's ability to close on recruits without hiring someone they already know which you can only do so often.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 04:39 PM)
Well, he better hope that Evans picks Illinois or it's going to be a rough couple of seasons. What's he like 1 for 3 now on 5 star guys, and the 1 became a zero on signing day?

They will be ok. The problem is that it will be becoming pretty clear that Groce isn't capable of landing the cream of the crop.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 04:34 PM)
I've long preferred Evans, but it would have been nice to be able to have the future PG in the mix already. The worries continue...

I think you're crazy to prefer Evans to Brunson, but really nothing has changed today. It's been whichever of Evans or Brunson we could land (with Evans being way more likely), and we'll be fine. Until Evans is no longer in play, there's no real reason to worry. If Groce misses on Evans too, yikes. Although, in that scenario, the Abrams injury becomes a bit more of a blessing in disguise...

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 04:39 PM)
Well, he better hope that Evans picks Illinois or it's going to be a rough couple of seasons. What's he like 1 for 3 now on 5 star guys, and the 1 became a zero on signing day?

It won't be rough, just not ideal. He made the tournament as a 7 seed with a sophomore Tracy Abrams at PG and not such great surrounding parts. Missing a PG will keep the Illini out of that 1-4 seed though most likely.