Official Recruiting Thread II

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 16, 2014 -> 03:46 PM)
But still, no such thing as a "guarantee to play well into the tournament."

Now you're saying make tournament. Different.

Well, thats what I meant. High seed, almost always in. Those schools are killing it in recruiting players right from under our noses. Granted we do it to them in football but its getting annoying.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 16, 2014 -> 03:52 PM)
Well, thats what I meant. High seed, almost always in. Those schools are killing it in recruiting players right from under our noses. Granted we do it to them in football but its getting annoying.

I know, it's a cycle that's hard to get on or off, depending on how you're running. You have a team with a ton of talent, they win...other guys want to join, especially if they are only going to be there a short time. You add in liking the coach, the facilities, etc, and that's what gets guys there.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 10:30 AM)
I-N-I? Is this random or do you know something?

I would assume random, haven't seen anything out there.

Big weekend though with Elijah Thomas in town, getting him and Evans would be HUGE for this program.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 12:52 PM)
Wow. Well then.

I'm taking it as a good sign, though it could mean that Coleman just wants to make a decision sooner and has one in mind. Either way, glad to get him on campus and maybe put a bit of pressure on Evans (though both would be welcomed here).

Lots of talent taking officials to Illinois, just need to land 1-2 of them and I'll be happy.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 02:00 PM)
And apparently ND is pulling out of the Coleman recruitment. Looks like UNLV or Illinois. Down to the final 2. Again.

Woah, alright so real possibility on JC. Close that deal Groce, I LOVE Coleman's ability to shoot. Him and Jordan for 4 years would be fantastic.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 03:00 PM)
And apparently ND is pulling out of the Coleman recruitment. Looks like UNLV or Illinois. Down to the final 2. Again.

Because of handlers... There's a reason IU, Purdue, OSU, MSU, etc.... have put hardly any time into the kid. UNLV will have what those guys are looking for.

The red flags for those programs went up 2 years ago when he became even too expensive for Cathedral HS.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Sep 19, 2014 -> 12:19 PM)
Because of handlers... There's a reason IU, Purdue, OSU, MSU, etc.... have put hardly any time into the kid. UNLV will have what those guys are looking for.

The red flags for those programs went up 2 years ago when he became even too expensive for Cathedral HS.

Didn't ND just get a guard commit to fill that scholarship?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 19, 2014 -> 01:52 PM)
Didn't ND just get a guard commit to fill that scholarship?

They did land a guard from California, but I'm not sure that guard is good enough to get them to actually back off somebody as good as Coleman.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 22, 2014 -> 09:31 AM)
Elijah Thomas named Illinois his leader. I feel like Groce is so close to hitting a home run in this class but the scary part is that the possibility of striking out on all the top prospects we are in on still exists (although it sounds like they feel real good about Jalen Coleman).

They've felt good about everyone. I won't hold my breath until someone actually signs on the dotted line.

ET still has a visit to OSU right? I'm scared for that. ET also seems like a guy who loves the attention and will say whatever to get a response from various people on social media.

edit: NM, i'm thinking of JE with the visit to OSU this weekend. I guess it's SMU next for ET. Still, if you're feeling like you have a leader, why not just commit?

Edited by Jenksismybitch