Official Squared Circle Thread

Santino and Stone Cold were hilarious tonite

Orton has gotten much better in the ring recently(avoiding many chokehold opportunities), but his persona has gotten worse. i dont understand how they put the strap on him and take away his cockiness and replace it with Angry Randy. He doesnt even come out and do his signature pose anymore, he barely shows off anymore, it just isnt like him. At least when his wrestling wasnt up to par you could see him giving a cocky grin or posing or doing something to make you loathe him. Not so much anymore

Edited by kyyle23

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Brian @ Nov 5, 2007 -> 10:06 PM)
Kyle, we have to show off the 115th reunion of DX! Orton has to take a back seat!

Orton sells the super kick like death. He rules!

Come on, even you have to notice that since he has been champ he hasnt posed one time. this isnt a one-time sell job, this has been going on for weeks. The one great heel quality he has is his innate ability to be and look cocky at all times. Now he is just an angry champion? He could do so much more.

Why is he coming off as just a jobber champ? It doesnt make sense. Even though I didnt like his wrestling much before, he could always look the part. And he wasnt bad on the mic provided he was under 2 minutes. His wrestling has gotten better now and his overall persona has taken a dive. What gives?

All of the storylines right now seem like they are just waiting for *something* to happen. Whether that be Jericho returning or Edge or whoever, nothing is moving in any recognizable direction. DX for one night only? Yeah right.

Edited by kyyle23

With the way they are setting things up, HBK will help elevate Orton as a champ at Survivor Series. The crowd is popping huge every time Orton gets kicked. I expect at SS that Orton finally learns, ducks it, hits RKO, wins. That is good storytelling and will make Orton look very good. All this is just build up for a pay off. If the pay off doesn't come, who knows.

QUOTE(Brian @ Nov 6, 2007 -> 08:42 AM)
With the way they are setting things up, HBK will help elevate Orton as a champ at Survivor Series. The crowd is popping huge every time Orton gets kicked. I expect at SS that Orton finally learns, ducks it, hits RKO, wins. That is good storytelling and will make Orton look very good. All this is just build up for a pay off. If the pay off doesn't come, who knows.

Thats because of who is delivering the kick, not because of who is recieving it ;)

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Nov 6, 2007 -> 09:10 AM)
Thats because of who is delivering the kick, not because of who is recieving it ;)

Hater. This whole HBK/Orton thing is tough cuz I am a huge Orton fan but HBK is one of my favs of all time. If we get a 4 star match at SS, we all win.

QUOTE(Brian @ Nov 6, 2007 -> 09:21 AM)
Hater. This whole HBK/Orton thing is tough cuz I am a huge Orton fan but HBK is one of my favs of all time. If we get a 4 star match at SS, we all win.

Believe me, Im trying to appreciate Orton as champ. i just think the WWE took away the one thing that made Orton what he is, and that isnt right. The Rock was cocky before he was champ, during the time he was champ, and while he was chasing the belt. I understand that Orton will never be what Rocky was on the mic, but at the same time you have to let the guy holding the belt do a little smack talking and enjoy his time with the belt.

My prediction for SS is that Edge is gonna pull something outta his arse and wind up with the title, setting up a long work between Orton and Edge that was supposed to happen at the conclusion of team RKO(but never happened due to Edge's pectoral injury). HBk is just holding the ship up now because Orton "ended his career" a few months ago.

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Nov 6, 2007 -> 09:26 AM)
My prediction for SS is that Edge is gonna pull something outta his arse and wind up with the title, setting up a long work between Orton and Edge that was supposed to happen at the conclusion of team RKO(but never happened due to Edge's pectoral injury). HBk is just holding the ship up now because Orton "ended his career" a few months ago.

If Edge interferes in any match at SS im sure it will be the Hell in a Cell match..

Edge needs to stick on Smackdown, they have little star power as it is over there and I think he will enter that title picture

QUOTE(rowandrules83 @ Nov 6, 2007 -> 02:40 PM)
Here's a stupid question...the WWE has creative writers, right? Would they be affected by the ongoing Writers' Guild strike?

I'm REALLY hoping that the writers' strike allows the wrestlers to give input into their characters and storylines.

That's how it worked before wrestling got "big".

It seems like the writers didn't understand the business and had no idea what to do with most of the guys anyway.

New stipulation in the HBK/Orton match at Survivor Series. If HBK even attempts sweet chin music he'll be disqualified. But if Orton even attempts to be disqualified he'll lost the strap. I'm not sure how i feel about this stipulation.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Nov 6, 2007 -> 05:15 PM)
New stipulation in the HBK/Orton match at Survivor Series. If HBK even attempts sweet chin music he'll be disqualified. But if Orton even attempts to be disqualified he'll lose the strap. I'm not sure how i feel about this stipulation.

So I see the writers left some notes behind when they went out on strike. Smells like a DQ win for Orton when the ref mistakes some regular move for a superkick....after the DQ Shawn superkicks Orton again and the fans pop.

Ugh.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Nov 6, 2007 -> 03:41 PM)
I'm REALLY hoping that the writers' strike allows the wrestlers to give input into their characters and storylines.

That's how it worked before wrestling got "big".

It seems like the writers didn't understand the business and had no idea what to do with most of the guys anyway.

Agreed 100%. The most creative guys backstage are the wrestlers themselves.

QUOTE(Brian @ Nov 6, 2007 -> 07:36 PM)
I'll go with ref bump, sweet chin music, ref slow count, Orton kicks out at 2.999999, Orton RKO, still champion!

If this is the case, it's looking like this is going to be another boring title reign.

A few wrestling things:

1) Anybody watch the CNN report they did last night about wrestling? It was alright. It was a lot about Benoit and his life. They talked about his idolizing of the Dynamite Kid and then about how much of a prick Dynamite was (as if Dynamite pulling a shotgun and sticking it to his wife's head was a reason for Benoit doing what he did) even with an interview of DK. Cena looked like he was sweating more than a whore in church when he had to answer the question about if he ever did steroids.

2) Fire Pro Wrestling Returns comes out for the PS2 on Nov. 13. I already ordered it online. It is a 2D wrestling fighter from Japan but it is one of the most awesome wrestling games ever. I've seen a lot on it and it looks cool. What other game allows for barb wire exploding ring death matches and tons of customizable characters? And for the price of $15-20 (I found it on Amazon for $14.99), it is a must buy.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Nov 8, 2007 -> 05:34 AM)
A few wrestling things:

2) Fire Pro Wrestling Returns comes out for the PS2 on Nov. 13. I already ordered it online. It is a 2D wrestling fighter from Japan but it is one of the most awesome wrestling games ever. I've seen a lot on it and it looks cool. What other game allows for barb wire exploding ring death matches and tons of customizable characters? And for the price of $15-20 (I found it on Amazon for $14.99), it is a must buy.

I think I used to play this on N64 back in the day or a version of it. I don't need a converter or anything, right? That is cheap. I usually get SDvsRaw every year.

What is the roster like?

Edited by Brian

Whatcha gonna dooooo for a defense, brother?????

from Lords Of Pain:

Cops have concluded Nick Hogan was drinking the night he crashed his Supra, severely injuring his best friend. In addition to being arrested for reckless driving involving serious bodily injury, cops also cited Hogan for use of a motor vehicle in the commission of a felony, a person under the age of 21 operating a vehicle with a breath-alcohol level of .02 or higher and having an Illegal window tint.

QUOTE(Brian @ Nov 8, 2007 -> 07:47 AM)
I think I used to play this on N64 back in the day or a version of it. I don't need a converter or anything, right? That is cheap. I usually get SDvsRaw every year.

What is the roster like?

No converter. It is a US release.

The roster is pretty deep with CAW's that are really just there to avoid copyright infringement (you can make Terry Funk, etc.) It has a lot of US and international wrestlers in it.

Edit Slots: On top of the game's roster of 327 pre-made wrestlers from real-life wrestling promotions, players are allowed to build and store up to 500 highly-customizable wrestler edits at a time. That is compared to the 216 edit slots made available in Fire Pro Wrestling D and Fire Pro Wrestling Z. So, in Returns, up to 827 wrestlers can be chosen.

Updated Roster: Smaller indy promotions are represented in their entirety in Returns.

New Moves: A variety of new wrestling moves have been added to Returns, including reanimated versions of moves seen in previous Fire Pro titles.

Faction Customization: In Returns, you can now create "face"/"heel" factions within the promotions themselves, so players can recreate such popular stables or their own fictional teams.

Traditional Steel Cage Match: A long-awaited new feature makes its way into Returns. This is not to be confused with other more "electrifying" steel cage matches in the Fire Pro Wrestling series.

Preset match options: You can save up to 4 preset match setups for most of the game's modes. This saves players time when they want to use the same match setups frequently.

Giant-sized wrestlers: "G-Size" makes its debut in Fire Pro Wrestling Returns, meaning players can create characters as large as André the Giant or Giant Gonzalez to tower over their competition.

"Corner-To-Center" attack position: A new wrestler position for the wrestlers to position themselves in adds an additional layer of strategy to Returns.

New deathmatch types: New deathmatch types offer electrified ropes, barbwired ropes and landmines, allowing wrestlers to cause each other further harm.

Managers/seconds at ringside: Users can create a manager for your wrestler and also play as the manager at ringside.

Post-match attacks: Removed from Fire Pro Wrestling Z, the ability to attack your opponent after a match has ended has been returned in Fire Pro Wrestling Returns.

Improved sound: Audience sounds have been enhanced and attendees will chant along with specific wrestler taunts and poses.

Larger wrestler sprites: New sprites are larger, sharper and more detailed than sprites found in Fire Pro Wrestling Z.