Films Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 01:22 AM)
Number 23 was a very enjoyable movie, just a fun watch.

*SLIGHT SPOLIERS*

I'll have to disagree with you, here.

As a horror enthusiast I was drawn to the intriguing storyline. Reminded me of "The Ninth Gate."

I suppose after viewing it I expected a more supernatural twist, similar to the aforementioned Ninth Gate. Aside from the more logical explanation for events surrounding Carrey's life, another dislike was the entire alter ego segments with the detective. Almost as if it were thrown in to appease teenagers.

Hell, look at the ending where every....damn..thing....is explained. Twenty three ultimately meant nothing.

I agree for the most part, I didn't mean to make it seem like it was a great movie by any means. I just thought it was very entertaining and the plot was pretty damn interesting. The detective scenes were indeed pretty stupid, and the ending was kind of weak as well.

I guess I just really liked the story line.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 05:09 PM)
Agreed, just got back from it myself. I loved the first two films and was very pleased with those one. Just amazing that they can make a trilogy that actually stays just as good or improves throughout the films. That is a very amazing accomplishment.

It may be more than a trilogy. I read a few months ago that since the movies have already strayed away from the novels, that they now want to make at least 1 or 2 more Bourne movies. That would be great, considering there is still a lot to discover with the character, and also the fact that the series gets better as it goes along.

QUOTE(rowandrules83 @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 06:06 PM)
It may be more than a trilogy. I read a few months ago that since the movies have already strayed away from the novels, that they now want to make at least 1 or 2 more Bourne movies. That would be great, considering there is still a lot to discover with the character, and also the fact that the series gets better as it goes along.

The Bourne Confederacy - Bourne seceeds from the Union over states rights; blames the CIA.

The Bourne Impotency - Bourne kills people because he can't perform; blames the CIA.

The Bourne Su-pre-I-den-tima-tum - Bourne recalls the good times in this all highlight reel movie; blames the CIA.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. can't wait.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 08:48 PM)
Just finished watching Idiocracy. The movie was decent but I must admit I've never seen the role of President of the U.S. played like this before. Quite hilarious.

I can't stand Luke Wilson, hate Dax Sheppard and I find Maya Rudolph annoying and yet I actually enjoyed Idiocracy. Terry Crews as President Camacho saves the movie from mediocrity. His speech in front of congress is quite humorous.

I mean come on, what's not to love?

vlcsnap7738784lc0.th.png

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 08:55 PM)
I rented Black Snake Moan recently and I really disliked it. It as slow and rather boring.

I didn't hate nor did I enjoy it. But you are right... very slow.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 09:59 PM)
I've heard the only thing good about the film is Ricci on the poster.

She's got a decent pair of boobs for her size.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 09:03 PM)
I can't stand Luke Wilson, hate Dax Sheppard and I find Maya Rudolph annoying and yet I actually enjoyed Idiocracy. Terry Crews as President Camacho saves the movie from mediocrity. His speech in front of congress is quite humorous.

I mean come on, what's not to love?

vlcsnap7738784lc0.th.png

I love the photos of President Camacho strewn about the White House.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 06:27 PM)
The Bourne Confederacy - Bourne seceeds from the Union over states rights; blames the CIA.

The Bourne Impotency - Bourne kills people because he can't perform; blames the CIA.

The Bourne Su-pre-I-den-tima-tum - Bourne recalls the good times in this all highlight reel movie; blames the CIA.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. can't wait.

:bang :headbang

PA made a funny.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Aug 7, 2007 -> 01:48 PM)
Hot Fuzz was awful, I have no idea why everyone raves about it. I think I laughed twice the entire time.

I felt the same way. But I did go see it in a theater on a night where I was dead tired and started nodding off.

Just finished watching Idiocracy. The movie was decent but I must admit I've never seen the role of President of the U.S. played like this before. Quite hilarious.

I watched it, the start when all the stupid people are mating like rabbits and went.. Yep, that is pretty much how it is.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 7, 2007 -> 08:08 PM)
Bourne Ultimatum was so good. Was hoping they would show how he ended up in the ocean at the beginning of Identity though. Or did I miss something.

Underrated trilogy, IMO!

Wasn't that mentioned in the first one, when he has flashbacks of trying to kill the African dictator? He sees the dictator's kids and backs out of the mission, and he's shot as he's leaving the boat.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Aug 7, 2007 -> 07:22 PM)
Wasn't that mentioned in the first one, when he has flashbacks of trying to kill the African dictator? He sees the dictator's kids and backs out of the mission, and he's shot as he's leaving the boat.

You maybe right. I saw the 1st one when it was in theatres. I have the DVD. Need t o watch it again, obviously.