Official NFL Thread

Well stats and results do have to come into play to some degree. I mean, if I was a Vikings fanatic and I insisted that the '85 Vikings were the best team ever, that would be wrong. I can say my favorite team is the '85 Vikings because I loved everything about them, but they were not the best team.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 10:17 AM)
Well stats and results do have to come into play to some degree. I mean, if I was a Vikings fanatic and I insisted that the '85 Vikings were the best team ever, that would be wrong. I can say my favorite team is the '85 Vikings because I loved everything about them, but they were not the best team.

I agree. But this isnt a discussion about a team that went 7-9, this is about a team that went undefeated and won the Superbowl.

The Dolphins played the teams in front of them and won every game. No other team since 1972 has done this, and that is a hard fact to ignore, whether you think the league was watered down or not. Why didnt any team go undefeated when there was league expansion? Was there ever another year where the caliber of play was considered less than par? so many factors and opinions, nobody is truly right or wrong

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 04:58 PM)
Why does the history of football begin with the Superbowl?

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 05:25 PM)
Oooo, good question!!!

pretty obvious he's talking about the NFL. was the all-america football conference the premier league of its time or something? if so, why'd it last only a few years and get swallowed up by the NFL?

hey, did a USFL team ever go undefeated? let's not forget about them.

Off topic, but I personally laughed at Arlen Specter having his panties in a bunch over the Patriots, since he's a lousy Senator and a general douchebag. But if that isn't enough evidence for you, maybe the following link will make you think twice before taking his side against the Patriots and NFL.

http://deadspin.com/352760/sen-specter-is-...al-judgment-guy

Classic example of a politician at work. Use lies, deception, and personal vendettas to go after things that don't matter. But hey, who cares about the possible recession and Iraq, the NFL destroyed some tapes!!!

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 10:11 AM)
Off topic, but I personally laughed at Arlen Specter having his panties in a bunch over the Patriots, since he's a lousy Senator and a general douchebag. But if that isn't enough evidence for you, maybe the following link will make you think twice before taking his side against the Patriots and NFL.

http://deadspin.com/352760/sen-specter-is-...al-judgment-guy

Classic example of a politician at work. Use lies, deception, and personal vendettas to go after things that don't matter. But hey, who cares about the possible recession and Iraq, the NFL destroyed some tapes!!!

The NFL receives literally billions of taxpayer dollars in the form of government funding for stadiums, security, and other various infrastructure concerns around them. Furthermore, the NFL is broadcast over the public airwaves, which includes rules preventing any sporting event presented as being live competition as being pre-arranged or fixed. The Senator is fully within his rights to spend time on this. It's a matter of public interest, a matter that the government has rules governing, and for crying out loud, do you really think a few days spent by either one Senator or even by a full committee on this will prevent them from acting on the Iraq war or the economy?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 12:25 PM)
The NFL receives literally billions of taxpayer dollars in the form of government funding for stadiums, security, and other various infrastructure concerns around them. Furthermore, the NFL is broadcast over the public airwaves, which includes rules preventing any sporting event presented as being live competition as being pre-arranged or fixed. The Senator is fully within his rights to spend time on this. It's a matter of public interest, a matter that the government has rules governing, and for crying out loud, do you really think a few days spent by either one Senator or even by a full committee on this will prevent them from acting on the Iraq war or the economy?

Well it's obviously within his right, but why is he the only one that cares? It would be one thing if a lot of people in congress cared about this (thus, I don't b**** about the steroid hearings), but when it's one guy going off to all the media who will listen, and this man is a guy who is already in a war with the NFL over their TV network, I think it's fair for me to have a "WTF" reaction, as it's fair for others to feel that way too. And I don't think one person doing this will actually affect the war or economy, but my point is that he has much bigger fish to fry than some guy who might have taped a walkthrough for an NFL game 6 years ago.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 12:25 PM)

Not to mention that they are exempted from anti-trust laws. Same deal with MLB.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 09:00 AM)
Im not even a Dolphins fan, and I despise the 72 Dolphins, but Im not goign to sit here and tell Shadows that he is wrong because he thinks his favorite team, the last undefeated team in NFL history, is the best.

Thank you, you are just about the only person who has it right

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Feb 6, 2008 -> 08:13 AM)
Willie Andrews busted with 1/2 lb of pot

http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll...NEWS11/80206001

So some guy dropped an anonymous top that there may be drug use in a black vehicle and Willie Andrews just happens to have 1/2 pound of pot and nothing to smoke it with. What did Willie Andrews do to Mr Anonymous to piss him off that much, i wonder?

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Feb 6, 2008 -> 07:57 PM)
Your name fits.

But yet the 17th win was a Super Bowl victory genius.

They are a damn good team top five in my opinion but some of the 49rs teams with Montana I feel were better.

QUOTE(Brian @ Feb 8, 2008 -> 10:18 PM)
No thanks. Javon Walker sucks and is a clubhouse cancer.

He doesn't suck. He's been injured, but he's one of the top WR in football when healthy and is still young. Funny how Brett Favre loves the guy yet he's a clubhouse cancer... where'd you get that bunk?

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Feb 8, 2008 -> 10:55 PM)
He doesn't suck. He's been injured, but he's one of the top WR in football when healthy and is still young. Funny how Brett Favre loves the guy yet he's a clubhouse cancer... where'd you get that bunk?

I think he is getting that label now because of his requests to be traded and all of that fun stuff. Plus, getting released from Denver, where he would bumped to the #2 reciever because of Brandon Marshalls emergence, is not a good sign. I dont know why they wouldnt want to line those two up together, other than financial reasons.