Official NFL Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Dec 2, 2007 -> 09:24 PM)
who kidnapped Turner... That was a brilliant first drive

I don't care what the conditions are like, if the Bears want to win this game (and their next 5) they're going to have to rely on the arm of Grossman. Peterson isn't going win it for you...

Throw early. Throw often. Run 4 and 5 wide sets, use Hester, Olsen... Find Haas as the 5th guy. Throw 50 times a game. Throw to open up the running game....

Yep. Adding to that, Peterson doesn't need a lead blocking back. I'd be running two tight-end sets all game. If they feel the need to have a lead blocker they can always motion Olsen into the backfield.

It's also good to see Bradley on the field early. I just fear the Bears will now go into a shell. I hope not, but...

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Dec 2, 2007 -> 09:56 PM)
has anyone taught Rex to take a sack and not keep running backwards, the NYG DLs are much faster than him

It is like a 3 yard difference....at least he didn't fumble. In that situation, the one thing you can't do is get an intentional grounding in the end zone. Is there really a reason to criticize Rex so far today?

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(fathom @ Dec 2, 2007 -> 04:57 PM)
It is like a 3 yard difference....at least he didn't fumble. In that situation, the one thing you can't do is get an intentional grounding in the end zone.

it's not even just today it's happened numerous times over his career and those 3 yards make a huge difference on that punt

Hunter Hillenmeyer is playing a pathetic game. Great catch by Berrian there. I didn't mention this earlier, but I loved the way Peterson picked up a 1st down on the first drive on that toss left. There's no way Benson would have juked a guy.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(fathom @ Dec 2, 2007 -> 04:26 PM)
Stupid, stupid play by Hester there.

You can tell that he gets frustrated when he isn't get a chance to break records and will try to make something out of nothing.

Grossman's holding onto the ball forever. I don't know if its because no one's open or if he's just being timid.

Edited by StrangeSox