Iguchi Traded to Phillies for RP/SP Michael Dubee

IlliniKrush

I dunno, but seriously, I think the Mets may kick themselves a little bit for letting a guy go to the Phillies to fill the same hole in their lineup that the mets have for this price.

The mets have trouble letting anyone minor leaguers go for a "rent-a-player."

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iguchi came through in one of the biggest at bats in franchise history. His homer after the ball went through Tony G's legs was very underrated. The White Sox most likely would have lost that game if not for that, and who knows what would have happened. Here's to you Gooch.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 04:14 PM)
Again, what did you expect for a poor defensive player in the last year of his contract, hitting .250 with only 6 home runs and 30 RBI. What exactly?

More than a 21 year old single A relief pitcher with mediocre peripherals. This is, after all, the value received from a ballclub losing their All-Star second baseman.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

The Chicago White Sox have acquired right-handed pitcher Michael Dubee from the Philadelphia Phillies in exchange for second baseman Tadahito Iguchi.

Dubee, 21, is 4-4 with a 3.88 ERA (24 ER/55.2 IP), one save and 54 strikeouts in 30 relief appearances this season with Class A Lakewood of the South Atlantic League. The 6-foot-2, 175-pounder has averaged 8.7 strikeouts per 9.0 IP and has allowed just two home runs.

Dubee was selected by the Phillies in the 18th round of the June 2006 First-Year Player Draft. He has gone 5-7 with a 4.05 ERA (45 ER/100.0 IP) and 82 strikeouts in 42 games (10 starts) over two minor-league seasons.

Dubee is the son of Phillies pitching coach Rich Dubee.

Iguchi, 32, is batting .251 (82-327) with 17 doubles, four triples, six home runs and 31 RBI in 90 games with the White Sox this season. He is a career .273 (380-1,393) hitter with 39 home runs, 169 RBI and 216 runs scored in three seasons with the White Sox.

Iguchi originally was signed by the White Sox as a free agent on January 27, 2005 after spending eight seasons with the Fukuoka Daiei Hawks in the Japanese Pacific League.

Press Release

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 04:20 PM)
What exactly did you expect in return Dick Hea......er Big Sqwert? He is in the last year of his contract, hitting .250 with 6 HRs and 30 RBI, and is poor defensively. What were you expecting. Please tell me. Instead of jsut saying how bad it was, offer up something inteligent to the conversation.

First learn how to spell the word intelligent before telling someone how to behave intelligently.

Edited by BigSqwert

Didn't expect much in dealing with Iguchi, and that's what we got. Just remember, KW is horrible at trading his veteran players for prospects. And please stop talking about how we cost ourselves compensation picks, as that's not accurate. Now let's hope Richar shows he can be a major league player.

Rotoworld's take:

White Sox acquired RHP Michael Dubee from the Phillies for second baseman Tadahito Iguchi.

A very disappointing return for the White Sox, who must have wanted to go to Danny Richar pretty badly. Dubee had a 3.88 ERA and a 54/22 K/BB ratio in 55 2/3 innings of relief for low Single-A Lakewood. The White Sox would have been a lot better off getting draft picks in return for Iguchi, but they might have been afraid that he'd accept arbitration as a free agent this winter.

More than a 21 year old single A relief pitcher with mediocre peripherals. This is, after all, the value received from a ballclub losing their All-Star second baseman.

Ok, then what exactly? Please tell me. I am sure the Phillies could look for other options than Iguchi if they wanted to pay more. How about someone that is actually good, like Loretta?

He is in the last year of his contract, hitting .250 with 6 HRs and 30 RBI, and is poor defensively. What were you expecting. Please tell me. Instead of jsut saying how bad it was, offer up something inteligent to the conversation.

With Mets, Padres and Phils all looking for 2b.. the best we get back is a A RP who will never make it to the majors? :huh:

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 03:22 PM)
As it's already been said in this thread, we wouldn't get draft picks in compensation for Gooch this winter.

However I do believe that is incorrect...

With Mets, Padres and Phils all looking for 2b.. the best we get back is a A RP who will never make it to the majors? :huh:

Why would they pay for him when there is actually a good player out there in Loretta that can help so much more? Loretta should bring something back in return - he is actually a good player. Iguchi? Please. It looks like the Sox were just making room for Richar to come up and get some playing time, which is great with me.