Iguchi Traded to Phillies for RP/SP Michael Dubee

IlliniKrush

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 02:24 PM)
Why, this is a good thing we traded him. I was fearful we'd bring him back. We need someone who can play better defense and not absolutely suck vs LHP.

Still seems like we should have been able to get better than 18th round draft value for Tad.

Anyway, at least Danny gets 2 months to start adapting to the bigs.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 04:22 PM)
Ok, then what exactly? Please tell me. I am sure the Phillies could look for other options than Iguchi if they wanted to pay more. How about someone that is actually good, like Loretta?

Jason Donald

Lou Marson

There are your options. Question answered.

Still seems like we should have been able to get better than 18th round draft value for Tad.

Anyway, at least Danny gets 2 months to start adapting to the bigs.

I have no idea why you beleive this to be true. Why would you think they can get more for him? How does Tad have any value at all?

I don't see a problem at all with this trade. Iguchi was looking bad this year both offensively and defensivly. KW got what he could for him. So now let's see what Richar can do for the next 2 months at 2nd, and hopefully this Dubee can develop and help us in the future. I just wish they could have talked the Phillies into taking Jose off our hands.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 04:24 PM)
Why, this is a good thing we traded him. I was fearful we'd bring him back. We need someone who can play better defense and not absolutely suck vs LHP.

Well, you'll be disappointed because Richar can't hit LHP either.

Why would they pay for him when there is actually a good player out there in Loretta that can help so much more? Loretta should bring something back in return - he is actually a good player. Iguchi? Please. It looks like the Sox were just making room for Richar to come up and get some playing time, which is great with me.

So.. 3 teams 2 players.. What am I missing here? KW jumped the Gun plain and simple.

Guchi is a good player, its too bad Ozzie didn't keep him in the 2 hole, he would have shined this year.

Question.. Did Iguchi not sign a baseball for you.. is that why you are on this rant?

QUOTE(frankie5angels @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 02:27 PM)
I don't see a problem at all with this trade. Iguchi was looking bad this year both offensively and defensivly. KW got what he could for him. So now let's see what Richar can do for the next 2 months at 2nd, and hopefully this Dubee can develop and help us in the future. I just wish they could have talked the Phillies into taking Jose off our hands.

Wow, another intelligent voice!

Welcome to Soxtalk. :cheers

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 09:27 PM)
Well, you'll be disappointed because Richar can't hit LHP either.

I know, and I expect Ozuna to platoon with him next year. I'd be fine with that platoon. However, you and I both know that the expectations people have for our return package in trades is insane. In all honesty, the only two players we could trade that would really piss me off if we don't get good value for are Garland and Vazquez (or if we trade Dye to the Cubs).

This trade wasn't about what we got back - it's about opening the position for Richar. To think, we'd get anything more than a mid-level (if he's even that) prospect for a struggling player on the last year of his contract is unrealistic, and wishful thinking. Hopefully, the White Sox are smart enough to get an extended look at Richar for the remainder of the season.

QUOTE(frankie5angels @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 05:27 PM)

Welcome to Soxtalk! :cheers

QUOTE(spiderman @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 02:30 PM)
This trade wasn't about what we got back - it's about opening the position for Richar. To think, we'd get anything more than a mid-level (if he's even that) prospect for a struggling player on the last year of his contract is unrealistic, and wishful thinking. Hopefully, the White Sox are smart enough to get an extended look at Richar for the remainder of the season.

See, that's the problem, I don't think anyone here would complain if we got back something we'd consider to be a "Mid-level" guy, but aside from the k/9IP, this guy doesn't sound like that to me. Sounds like a RP who we'll be lucky if he ever sees the big leagues.

I know, and I expect Ozuna to platoon with him next year. I'd be fine with that platoon. However, you and I both know that the expectations people have for our return package in trades is insane. In all honesty, the only two players we could trade that would really piss me off if we don't get good value for are Garland and Vazquez (or if we trade Dye to the Cubs).

Other than Mark and Vazquez.. there is no one I would care to keep. Even if we Send DYe to the cubs for Patterson..

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 04:14 PM)
1128565121_3560.jpg

Aside from the final out of the World Series, that was my favorite moment of the entire 2005 playoff run.

Because of who they were playing, the idiot who threw the pitch, taking full advantage of Graff's error...it was simply beautiful.

while I am not too thrilled with the trade, or mainly what we got in return, but what did you expect us to get for a 33 year old 2B who was hitting .250, with 6 HR, 31 RBI, .722 OPS, and with poor defense, who was gonna be a free agent/rent-a-player. We needed to make space for Richar, and Iguchi just had to go. With the way the market is for decent 2B, we couldn't have really expected anything great in return.

We'll miss you Gooch, and the best of luck to ya.

私たちはあなた井口と、運の中であなたに最も有益な人がいなくて残念に思います。

(Japanese translation :D )

Hopefully this is just the beginning. The guy I would love to ge rid of somehow someway is Jose. If KW can pull off a trade with him, and only eat a part of the contract that is left he will have suceeded. We have to get this guy moved somehow. I don't care if we don't get anything back for him, just get rid of that contract.

This is a perfectly acceptable deal if there is a class that prevents Iguchi from being offered arbitration and the Sox getting draft picks if he leaves.

But, if the club could get picks this would be a bad deal.

I am really excited to get Richar.