Sox Sweep KC-Game Starts at 1:05

jasonxctf

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Contreras is weak-minded? Let's see your background and how tough you are. Until you've become an exile and a refugee and pitch your team to a World Series, you don't have the proper, ah, credentials to call Jose Contreras weak-minded, bad though he's been of late because of his arm angles and family problems.

Chalk this loss up to the bullpen again.

I can see why Myers was dumped by his previous team.

Submarine lefty? Give me a break.

Nice comeback but we were down by too many runs against a similarly s*** team.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Aug 22, 2007 -> 05:08 PM)
Contreras is weak-minded? Let's see your background and how tough you are. Until you've become an exile and a refugee and pitch your team to a World Series, you don't have the proper, ah, credentials to call Jose Contreras weak-minded, bad though he's been of late because of his arm angles and family problems.

Hes still a weak minded pitcher no matter if he floated over here on a freakin sponge rowing with his ass cheeks

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Aug 22, 2007 -> 10:08 PM)

I agree that he is not weak minded. That was an unfortunate and unnecessary comment. But, Jose is not pitching well. Better, but still not at the top of his game.

QUOTE(joesaiditstrue @ Aug 22, 2007 -> 04:10 PM)
so have any of you guys noticed any holes/weaknesses in fields swing that would allow the league to catch up to him next year, that would severely hurt his power numbers? or will his raw talent be enough?

He has holes in his swing, but the league already is attacking them. I think Fields kinda is what he is, he'll be a .260 hitter that produces a ton of runs with home runs and RBI's. I do think though as time goes on he'll end up hitting 6th, and without guys like Thome and Konerko behind him, he'll walk more. To me, Fields is a .265/.340/.485 or so kinda guy at the plate that will whiff a ton. Needs to keep working on his d though.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

I watched this entire game on TV today and here are some impressions for what it's worth.

When Guillen came out to chat with Contreras in the 2nd, all of a sudden Contreras pitched better. I see the postgame coverage indicated Contreras decided to pitch to location after the visit. I'm not sure why it takes the manager coming out to the mound for the pitcher to figure that out. Contreras looked much better the last four innings he pitched but that isn't good enough.

Gavin Floyd looks better in relief and I would like to see what he does against Boston. The Sox handling of him has been as confusing as Floyd himself on the mound. Apparantly he is a bullpen guy now and I wonder what that means for next year, if anything.

Joey Gathright has become a much better hitter and he's a player I wished they'd have picked up from TB.

Jerry Owens had a chance to throw out the catcher running to 3rd with the play right in front of him yet he chose to lob it into 2nd base. Not a good play and also I think he turned in another 0-4.

The pitch from Myers to Butler for the HR wasn't terrible. Not making excuses for Myers but again I question the pitch call there as in my opinion you need to go in on the fists of a young hitter. It appears Butler was looking out over the plate, the pitch was a strike, low and on the outer half and Butler lofted it. He hit it fairly well and got it up in the wind which appeared to carry it somewhat. Again not making excuses for Myers but it wasn't a "hit me" pitch belt high out over the plate. The other hit he gave up was a perfect drop bunt single.

Toby Hall had a horrific throw to try and nail a runner and sailed it into CF which allowed the 7th KC run. Absolutely bad and if I were the Sox I DL him now and get the surgery or whatever needs to be done so this guy can throw. It has been a wasted year for him.