Sox Sweep KC-Game Starts at 1:05

jasonxctf

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 22, 2007 -> 08:25 PM)
Anxiously awaiting Pratt's post in 3....2....1.....

Not Floyd's fault Toby Hall can't throw. It doesn't help that Floyd is slow to the plate, but I don't think Hall could throw out Konerko at this point.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 22, 2007 -> 08:30 PM)
Not Floyd's fault Toby Hall can't throw. It doesn't help that Floyd is slow to the plate, but I don't think Hall could throw out Konerko at this point.

Hall's been a total bust. I have my doubts he'll ever be close to the player he was before we signed him. Everything about him looks bad, from his game calling to his swing to his throwing. But, on the bright side, at least he has experience at first base now.

Myers and Floyd give up three runs in relief and we lose 7-6. Konerko couldn't get it done against some KC pitcher in the 9th. Maybe KW picked up the wrong KC reliever?

If Contreras could just quit giving up runs early we might see him win a game. Field swith a 3 run homer and I think he might win the PTC. I took Thome on Tuesday and Fields today so I am thinking I have a chnce to get a couple of clickie wins.

QUOTE(joesaiditstrue @ Aug 22, 2007 -> 09:10 PM)
so have any of you guys noticed any holes/weaknesses in fields swing that would allow the league to catch up to him next year, that would severely hurt his power numbers? or will his raw talent be enough?

He can't lay off the high strike and the outside curve

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 22, 2007 -> 02:17 PM)
still under the mendoza line in close/late situations. But is one of our best with runners in scoring position. Figure that out.

It's actually fairly simple. Close and late...he has a whopping 36 at bats coming into today. You take any .250 hitter and look at enough subsets of 36 at bats, and you'll find several where he's below .200.

QUOTE(knightni @ Aug 22, 2007 -> 04:33 PM)
Nice jinx on the title jason.

:mellow:

No one...and I mean NO ONE can give anyone s*** if they have Rick Astley as their avatar.

:lol:

Edited by CanOfCorn