Sox v. Tampa 8/27/07

Harry Chappas

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 27, 2007 -> 12:42 PM)
Maybe if Houston swept the Sox in 2005 KW and Ozzie would be looking for jobs. I doubt it though.

Without a W.S. win on their record and the dominant full-season performance in 05, I might consider it (let's also remember the Stros were merely a wild card team that year)

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 27, 2007 -> 02:44 PM)
Without a W.S. win on their record and the dominant full-season performance in 05, I might consider it (let's also remember the Stros were merely a wild card team that year)

Without a WS win, first off the payroll wouldn't be as high, but if it was, there would be a lot more blood shed this season than Duanne Shaeffer. That's for sure, but I really wonder if it would be the 2 guys most responsible for putting together the roster.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 27, 2007 -> 02:49 PM)
Without a WS win, first off the payroll wouldn't be as high, but if it was, there would be a lot more blood shed this season than Duanne Shaeffer. That's for sure, but I really wonder if it would be the 2 guys most responsible for putting together the roster.

Wouldn't you rather us be the Astros? They were just where we were in '05, and now look at where Garner and Purpura are.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Aug 27, 2007 -> 02:51 PM)
They said the 3 off Randy in August of 05 was the last time.

That time too, if you'll recall, Widger hit a fourth homer in that inning. Grand slam I think.

Edited by Vance Law

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 27, 2007 -> 01:06 PM)
Supposedly Hawk is having a muliple orgasm right now. Someone needs to show him the standings. He's not going to be able to sell this team to anyone right now, even if they win 15 in a row.

Oh let him enjoy the game for once...it's not like he's had anything to celebrate lately.