Sox v. Tampa 8/27/07

Harry Chappas

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't care anymore... Well, I shouldn't say that. I won't waste my time anymore watching sox games but rather just watch the condensed games on mlb.tv and look at the boxscore.

Hopefully the D-Rays win... we need them to go on a roll if we want the no. 1 pick.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 27, 2007 -> 01:29 PM)
In 20 years he'll still be playing.

Well, he'll be 43 and in shouting distance of A-Rod's career HR record as well as Henderson's SB record and Cy Young's Wins record so I suppose it's understandable.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 27, 2007 -> 11:32 AM)
Well, he'll be 43 and in shouting distance of A-Rod's career HR record as well as Henderson's SB record and Cy Young's Wins record so I suppose it's understandable.

Who would have thought that a CF would be the one to truly master the gyroball?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 27, 2007 -> 06:32 PM)

Don't forget Cal Ripken's Ironman Streak.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 27, 2007 -> 11:58 AM)
who is that?

Pedro Alvarez, 3B, Vanderbilt

Alvarez was the only college player not eligible for the 2007 Draft who was a Golden Spikes Award finalist. The Vanderbilt third baseman was the SEC Tournament MVP hit .386, slugged .684 and had a .463 OBP during his standout 2007 season.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Aug 27, 2007 -> 02:18 PM)
No more pitchers...lets get a SS/3b of the future....

With a #1 or #2 pick in the draft, we could have an arm that would be ready to contribute as soon as late next season A La Andrew Miller.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 27, 2007 -> 02:11 PM)
Alvarez is the best player in the draft, and it's not even close.

I'd almost wager to fit him for a DRay jersey already. So who's next on the list? Kyle Russell? I don't know too much about Dominic de la Osa (SS) but he may be possibility. Smoak? I'd love to be able to get Alvarez...but I think it's a pipedream.