AROD

bogie

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Sep 23, 2007 -> 08:35 PM)
What does A-Rod know about Championships, and why are the Cubs the favorite to win the title this season?

I said "may" win it this year......

I don't know about you but Arod being on any team doesn't hurt that teams chances-can only help.

Ted Williams didn't win any championships......

I just don't want to see Arod on the Cubs with a already strong lee, Ramirez, Sorano.

I think it could crush the White Sox in the city.

f*** Boras is all I can say..

First of all, were this conversation truly to have happened -- which I doubt -- it would be a blatant violation of the tampering rules. Even if they don't yet own the Cubs, such a conversation should immediately eliminate them from contention. It's f***ing illegal. Belichik would blush at this s***.

That's why I know it's bunk.... In the past week Boras has pimped Kyle Lohse as the best FA starter, saying

“I think Kyle Lohse is going to be very (attractive) because he's one of the few guys that are in that batch of 27-, 28-year-old arms.,” Boras said. “And the other thing about Kyle is, he's been durable. He's pitched in the playoffs. He's got a resume a lot of teams will look at because he's been successful.”
insinuated that Carlos Pena was a $15M/yr player, and said the reason the Devil Rays are a losing team is because they don't overspend on his guys.

He's piling on the Rays for not buying pitching when they have 2 proven young talents in the rotation (shields and Kazmir), a couple fringy guys (of which Howell posted minor league numbers that should translate to success), and 4+ very good prospects a year or two away in Niemann (potential), Talbot, Davis, McGee, Price... Add in some Brignac and Longoria to their young offensive core... wow. They still won't be good next year. But in two years, they'll be an 85+ win club with further potential for growth.

The guy is a lying fuctard who will say anything to get his client (and more importantly, himself) more $$$. Grade A Asshole. If he said the Sky was blue, there no way I'd believe him.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 23, 2007 -> 09:04 PM)
They don't have nearly the money to afford another $30 million a year on that backloaded payroll that they have.

That is just it....

The rumour states that they will give him part ownership; that will mean he wont be an added 30 million to payroll. He will be much less then that and be an owner-player. in the end he will make more then 30 million a year....

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 23, 2007 -> 04:12 PM)
f*** Boras is all I can say..

First of all, were this conversation truly to have happened -- which I doubt -- it would be a blatant violation of the tampering rules. Even if they don't yet own the Cubs, such a conversation should immediately eliminate them from contention. It's f***ing illegal. Belichik would blush at this s***.

That's why I know it's bunk.... In the past week Boras has pimped Kyle Lohse as the best FA starter, saying insinuated that Carlos Pena was a $15M/yr player, and said the reason the Devil Rays are a losing team is because they don't overspend on his guys.

He's piling on the Rays for not buying pitching when they have 2 proven young talents in the rotation (shields and Kazmir), a couple fringy guys (of which Howell posted minor league numbers that should translate to success), and 4+ very good prospects a year or two away in Niemann (potential), Talbot, Davis, McGee, Price... Add in some Brignac and Longoria to their young offensive core... wow. They still won't be good next year. But in two years, they'll be an 85+ win club with further potential for growth.

The guy is a lying fuctard who will say anything to get his client (and more importantly, himself) more $$$. Grade A Asshole. If he said the Sky was blue, there no way I'd believe him.

Well, yeah. That's why people like him. He's very good at compiling his player's statistics, making crazy projections and convincing owners, "Hey, he's good. Buy it." And he's incredibly well-prepared. "You can't afford him? Well, what about this condo complex you own in BLANK CITY...it's earned you ____ money. And you're telling me you can't afford a player who will bring you a huge championship? Oh, don't you know? _____ is offering ____ money. We might just walk. We'll haunt your ass."

Selig and, especially, the owners are just as responsible for this financial bulls*** as Scott Boras. Oh, how dirty that feels, because I find Boras despicable, but he's not alone in this, even if he is by far the worst.

I don't know if the negotiating is even legal with tampering rules. I don't know how it works with potential owners. It would seem to me the new owner probably won't be in place before this contract has to be signed, and I find it highly unlikely the rest of baseball's owners would find it too amusing someone they just approved signed a player to a $300 million contract. I'm calling this BS.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 23, 2007 -> 10:01 PM)
I don't know if the negotiating is even legal with tampering rules. I don't know how it works with potential owners. It would seem to me the new owner probably won't be in place before this contract has to be signed, and I find it highly unlikely the rest of baseball's owners would find it too amusing someone they just approved signed a player to a $300 million contract. I'm calling this BS.

I wonder what type of contract ARod will sign in regards to what happens if it's found out he used performance-enhancing drugs.

I didn't even realize that Leitch was the originator of these rumors. Boras probably knew he couldn't get away with this s*** to an experience baseball journalist, so he planted it with somebody "without access," as the site claims, but who is always looking for the big story. I suppose we'll file this one away with the news about Pujols and his trainer, or Pete Rose being reinstated.