The Office

CWSGuy406

-The Creed moments were still pretty funny.

-Kevin and Angela were WAAAY overexposed.

-You can't fit one funny Dwight/Jim interaction into an hour long episode?

-Starting off the episode in Michael's house... why, exactly?

Rex I completely agree with you -- it really dragged on this week. Hour episodes aren't needed, even if they can be considered two thirty-minute episodes.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SnB @ Sep 27, 2007 -> 11:58 PM)
not the best episode, but last season started off slow as well. It takes them some time to get all the storylines back into the swing of things. It'll be fine.

You must forget things after a year. Last year's opening episode was the episode where they outed Oscar. Nothing gets funnier than Dwight trying to buy gaydar online!

That was one of the funniest episodes ever!

That said, there were definitely some funny moments last night. It's just hard to sustain that kind of comedy for an hour, I think. I'd venture to say there is a reason that sitcoms have historically been half-hour shows.

Edited by Rex Hudler

I agree with many of the assessments on this thread:

The bad

No Dwight, Pam and Jim pranks? what show is this?

Talking to the camera in a non-interview setting took away from the fun of the invisible cameraman, and it was awkward.

It seemed more like a setup show for future episodes than an actual episode to me.

The good

Andy and his bleeding nipples, Michael and his blurred out manhood.

The race, and the abbreviation for the race, and the phone message for the race with Michael jumping in at the end saying solemnly "for the cure"

Creed, Stanley, and Oscar ditching the race for beers(and creeds large bottle of wine).

Creed telling Jan that he is 82 years old. Creed questioning what types of drugs Meredith was getting.

and last but not least, Dwight giving Toby(Satan) immodium instead of ex-lax and helping him win the race

My wife and I agree with the "meh" sentiments on this thread. At about the 20 minute mark you just realized this wasn't going to be one of THOSE episodes.

Earl was better than The Office that night. I'm actually hoping Russell from Six Feet Under is on it more often.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 8, 2007 -> 08:08 AM)
That followed by Dwight and Michael demanding their gift basket back was pretty bad.

Correction, 'cash basket' lol, hilarious when Andy said that lol.

Todays episode was a step up on both of them, finally some pranks being pulled on Dwight, Andy was good today with his funny pathetic pickup lines lol.

Although for me the whole pizza kid thing killed the vibe.

I loved last nights episode, until they kidnapped the kid. Everything else about that episode was great, but the kidnapping bit was just bad. IMO it would have been more realistic or in Office style to have had either Michael or Dwight grab the pizza's and take off running and lock themselves in a closet or something to hide from the kid, then have Jim pay the kid for the pizzas and leave Dwight or Michael in the closet/wherever for the rest of the episode. Stuff like the kidnapping thing (and driving the car into the lake) just doesn't work, and it makes Michael look like a raving loon. I know that is part of the direction the show is going, but he is too far over the edge, and for a guy who was already so out there, it's really over the top.

I do get the idea that Ryan won't have his job for too much longer.