2007-08 NBA Thread

Brian

Andre Miller would be IDEAL for Chicago.

I can't see Philly dealing him though. They've rebounded big time, and Miller is the big reason for that. He's become the leader of that team.

Walsh I expect in New York by the end of the season. And if you look at his past moves before Larry Bird took over, he's got a pretty good record. His 1st job will be to dump either Curry or Randolph on someone.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 24, 2008 -> 11:36 PM)
Walsh I expect in New York by the end of the season. And if you look at his past moves before Larry Bird took over, he's got a pretty good record. His 1st job will be to dump Isaiah Thomas.

I expect that to be done any day now. Dolan should really just get it over with.

Isiah's stock is basically screwed for life now.

The Knicks is still a pretty valuable franchise, so you'd have a lot of GM's such as Jerry West who'd like to come in and then say "They fixed the Knicks".

And they've got some decent pieces. Get an actual pass first PG (go all out for Calderon), trade Curry or Randolph and bring in a frontcourt who can play decent defense and rebound, and they could be a 35-40 win team next season with better coaching.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 24, 2008 -> 10:42 PM)
I expect that to be done any day now. Dolan should really just get it over with.

Isiah's stock is basically screwed for life now.

The Knicks is still a pretty valuable franchise, so you'd have a lot of GM's such as Jerry West who'd like to come in and then say "They fixed the Knicks".

And they've got some decent pieces. Get an actual pass first PG (go all out for Calderon), trade Curry or Randolph and bring in a frontcourt who can play decent defense and rebound, and they could be a 35-40 win team next season with better coaching.

You know, Randolph's been pretty quiet on the extracurricular activity front, so maybe he's learned his lessons a little, at least you'd hope. It amazes me that a double double guy is benched for the worst team in the NBA, though.

The Knicks are a goofy team. On paper they have a lot of talented players, but on the floor it doesn't work because they have poor chemistry, no defense, and too many me-first players. Aren't they still on the hook for Marbury? That's one that should really be moved too. That and I'm still not sure you can have a successful defensive team with one of Curry or Randolph playing heavy minutes.

A pass-first PG would definitely be a good first step, but they could also use a shot-blocking center to cover for their other defenders, a legit 3-point marksman, and probably another defensive stopper on the wing that can also score a bit. It'd be pretty hard to overhaul that roster though with the number of bad contracts on the books.

The Knicks should target Calderon and Theo Ratliff in the off-season.

And Gooden is playing nicely for the Bulls, probably turning into the #1 offensive option on that team, which would be a 1st for him.

Still have doubts whether he can produce consistently over the long - term though.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Mar 26, 2008 -> 08:46 PM)
Is it wrong to hope for them to lose the rest of their games?

I wont hold it against you. I promise.

If it speeds up the end of the season, I am all for it. 2006 was pretty disappointing for me in terms of the White Sox not going back to the playoffs, but at least they were competitive. This bulls season blows 2006 out of the water. I dont know that I expected them to match what they did last year, but i thought they were going to compete. this team just gave up, and that is sad.

Do you think Paxson would part with the same pieces asked for in the Kobe deal now?

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 26, 2008 -> 07:54 PM)
Do you think Paxson would part with the same pieces asked for in the Kobe deal now?

he would be nuts not to trade the bulls 5 best assets for kobe. I came to the realization that it is a superstar league. ( with the exception of the Detroit Pistons) . Don't get me wrong, I think there is a lot of talent on the roster. But, our coaching staff is too inconsistent with minutes given out. How do they expect the team start winning on a consistent basis? Now the players (who are supposed to be high character guys btw) are quiting on the team. Everyone has flipped out on Boylan except for maybe Deng, Thabo and the new guys.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Mar 26, 2008 -> 07:09 PM)
he would be nuts not to trade the bulls 5 best assets for kobe. I came to the realization that it is a superstar league. ( with the exception of the Detroit Pistons) . Don't get me wrong, I think there is a lot of talent on the roster. But, our coaching staff is too inconsistent with minutes given out. How do they expect the team start winning on a consistent basis? Now the players (who are supposed to be high character guys btw) are quiting on the team. Everyone has flipped out on Boylan except for maybe Deng, Thabo and the new guys.

I think you're underestimating the flipping-outness of people. There are people who seem to be really angry with this organization. There are reports that guys like Noah and Deng have actually hired guys outside of the team to serve as coaches for them because they're not getting what they need from the team. Adding Hughes has cost Thabo minutes. Deng may very well be at the point where he wants out. The whole situation is turning in to a disaster. They don't have the minutes for people who want them and haven't done what they need to develop people, and it seems like it's all about to collapse.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 26, 2008 -> 08:48 PM)
I think you're underestimating the flipping-outness of people. There are people who seem to be really angry with this organization. There are reports that guys like Noah and Deng have actually hired guys outside of the team to serve as coaches for them because they're not getting what they need from the team. Adding Hughes has cost Thabo minutes. Deng may very well be at the point where he wants out. The whole situation is turning in to a disaster. They don't have the minutes for people who want them and haven't done what they need to develop people, and it seems like it's all about to collapse.

That's why trading 5 of them for a superstar is not a bad idea. It's better than letting the young players rot on the bench.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Mar 26, 2008 -> 10:12 PM)
That's why trading 5 of them for a superstar is not a bad idea. It's better than letting the young players rot on the bench.

It wouldn't hurt Boylan to learn how to use a consistent rotation.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 29, 2008 -> 09:12 PM)
Right now, the Bulls 5 man lineup is:

Tyrus Thomas

Ben Gordon

Chris Duhon

Andres Nocioni

Thabo Sefalosha.

I think that makes Thabo the PF?

Yeah, this is why I can't stand Boylan.

Tyrus Thomas PF

Ben Gordon SG

Chris Duhon PG

Andres Nocioni SF

Thabo Sefalosha SF/SG

That's how I see it.

Not a great lineup, but you notice that that lineup is made up of most of the recent whiners. They are getting a chance to show whether or not they deserve to play.

Boylan is actually playing the kids tonight... :o

Tyrus with a monster game.. Mah boy! :)

Hinrich

Sefolosha

Deng

Thomas

Noah

Basically most of this quarter (3rd) alone.

Edited by SoxAce